Peter Parker First Meeting

Y/N = Your Name

"Aw shit." Your key that usually hangs from your backpack is gone. "No, no, no." Today was not a good day to forget your key. Your mom wouldn't be home until after her company banquet, and your dad was working the night shift at the station. You threw your backpack down in frustration. 

You heard footsteps coming up the stairs. A guy who looked about your age appeared at the top. He looked up at you, looking taken aback at your dropped backpack and angry stance. He looked familiar, and you thought maybe you had seen him at school. 

His earbuds bounced against his sweater, coming to a stop at the same time he did.

"Are you ok?" He asked. You considered the fact that he could be a perv, but his voice sounded more kind than anything else, so you answered. 

"Not really. I don't have my key and both of my parents won't be back until late." 

He smiled. "Ya-you know, you can stay in my apartment until they get back." 

You once again weighed your options. But he was smiling at you so helpfully that you grinned back. "That'd be great actually. I'm Y/N by the way." 

"I'm Peter," he answered. "Peter Parker." 

You grabbed your bag off the floor, and followed him. You weren't sure which apartment was his, as you made a point not to hang out around the building. There was someone you very much did NOT want to run into. But you were pretty sure Peter lived a few rooms farther down the hallway.

And then he started unlocking the door of the apartment next to yours. "Shit, shit, shit."  You thought. 

Peter walked in and threw his backpack on the kitchen counter. His apartment was an exact replica of yours, but flipped. 

"-so if you need to use the phone you can." You realized Peter had been talking.

"What? Oh, yeah, thanks." You said.

"It's weird that I haven't seen you around." Peter remarked, rubbing the back of his neck. "Seeing as we're neighbors and all." 

"Yeah well..." You considered making an excuse, but what the hell? You'd already accepted help from Peter. Might as well tell him the truth. And he'd probably figure it out soon anyway. "Well, to be honest I was avoiding someone. You, in fact. Because I have an embarrassing habit of singing in the shower and the person next doors bathroom lines up with mine and-"

"-and sometimes they sing duets." Peter whispers in a horrified voice. He blushed red. 

You laughed. "It's fine by the way. And you have an amazing voice." 

"You too." Peter says, mustering a sheepish smile.