Chapter 19

Sofia's POV

We stopped at a little diner just on the outskirts of the city.

"Have you been here before then?"

"Once with your brother, they serve just about everything so you'll be fine." We held hands and walked in. Ivan picked a booth at the far end of the diner.

" What can I get you both?"

"I'll have the pancakes with maple syrup and a black coffee no sugar." He basically ordered diabetes on a plate.

"Could I have the oatmeal with fresh strawberries and honey please... oh and a Orange jucie please." Ivan looked at me in disbelief.

"We've come to a greasy diner and you order oatmeal."

So?

"I don't really eat breakfast sorry." It may be the most important meal of the day but if eat a big breakfast, I will eat loads for the rest of the day. It didn't take long before the waitress was back with probably the biggest bowl of oatmeal I had ever laid my eyes on . I don't know what I was expecting but breakfast was delicious.

While eating me and Ivan talked about random things like what date we wanted to get married and themes for it, he never mentioned last night to me.

"Sofia, you don't have to tell me this if you don't want to but ummm... who is Timothy?" Great, how does he know about him? Probably dad and his big mouth.

"He is just a guy I thought was a friend but his intentions were wrong."

I didn't want Ivan to know about my past, Pietro was my boyfriend at the time and he didn't even know about Timothy.

"I just feel like your not telling me something, something what everybody else knows about and we're going to be married soon, I don't want a marriage with secrets." He was right, if we had secrets to hide it would never work out.

"Fine I'll tell you but this isn't the place to say."

We left the diner and made are way to my house. "So are you going to tell me then?"

"Okay, I just don't want you to look at me differently after I tell you because I don't think you'll be ready for what I'm about to tell you." Nobody really knew about me only my family and a few good friends. "Well basically I used to work for my dad before I moved to London." I was hesitant to continue but I needed to get this off my chest, it was the only thing I was hiding from him.

"I was his assassin."

Ivan burst out laughing. He didn't believe me which kinda hurt a little bit. "I'm sorry Sof but you an assassin, you are so tiny and sweet, you couldn't hurt a fly." I'll show him when we get back.

I dragged him to the basement when we got back, dad had a target range down in there. "Are you sure you don't want to take back what you said?" He looked at me with a bit more suspicion in his eye's as I held the gun to the target. "I guess I'll just have to wait and see won't I."

Ivan be prepared for the shock of your life.