Chapter 28

Sofia's POV

Of course Chuck had no choice in the matter. He was going to be helping us whether he liked it or not.
We left Chuck's place and started to head back home, I still couldn't understand what Pietro's motives were. Yes my family were the reason his family collapsed and most of them got sent to prison but if we hadn't of done it someone else would have.

"Should we get take out?" Izzy brought me from my thoughts.

"I could really go for a Chinese right now." How could she even think about food in a moment like this? We've just found out my ex-boyfriend is a stalking psychopath who probably is wanting to kill me.

I look at her in disbelief. "Are you for real right now?"

"What I'm hungry, actually I better ring the others to see if they want anything first."

I shook my head and carry on driving.

Ivan's POV

"I'm telling you Ivan your going to have to watch your back being married to Sofia she's a live wire when she's angry." Luca was telling me all about Sofia's past and honestly I was concerned, not concerned in a way I was ever going to leave her, I was more concerned about everything she had seen and had done.

"There is nothing she hasn't done for this family, well I say nothing Gio does all the gruesome things." Luca, Dom and Gio all start to laugh between themselves, "he's the only one fucked up enough to do it all." I smiled and laughed with them.
My family was just as messed up as the Bianchi's but having heard everything about Sofia's life in the past all I wanted to do was lock her away so she never had to experience any of the terrors of life again.

The door to the gun range opened followed by Rachael's voice "Will you guys come up here I need to know what you want from the Chinese."

"You guy's go up Sofia knows what I like, I'll put all the guns away." They all went back up stairs leaving me with my thoughts. My small delicate flower Sofia turns out not to be so delicate after all which is probably best seeing as she is now going to marry into another crime family.

I collect the guns and took them over to the gun cabinet or room should I say. There was nothing Luca didn't own when it came to artillery, he had everything. But there was one gun that took my eye it was in a red velvet box what was silk lined and on the box Sofia's name was engraved.

 But there was one gun that took my eye it was in a red velvet box what was silk lined and on the box Sofia's name was engraved

It was engraved with flower both sides and Sofia's name was also engraved on the base of it. I picked it up to study it more. It was surprisingly heavy for a handgun, Sofia must be stronger than she looks, I started to think about all the thing Sofia must have do with this gun. All the killings and murders, the fear in people's eye as she pointed it at them.

"She a lot more soft now". Being Lots in my mind I never heard Rachael come down.

"She was always a softie back then to but she also had this side to her." Rachael's expression changed, she started to look deflated and sad. "They all have this side to them, like it's bred in them to have this monster ready to be awakened at any moment." A tear rolled down Rachael's cheek, I held her in my arms while she let out gentle sobs. Everybody has emotions but I never thought of Rachael's.
She was always so strong about everything and everyone worshiped the ground she walked on, she was the heart of the Bianchi family.

"I heard everything they told you about Sofia and it's all true, every part of it I just put it all in the back of my mind hoping I would never have to repeat it all but hearing it just brings it all back."

She backed away from me and looked at the gun I was studying before she came down. "Has she told you about Timothy?" I nodded and walked beside her. "Sofia never went anywhere with out this gun, it was the last gun she ever shot from as well." She put the gun down and looked back to me.
"Ivan, you have made my daughter Sofia again." I smiled not really knowing what she meant by that.

"She was a monster, people used to call her the angel of death. What mother would want that for her daughter."

Before I ever knew who Sofia was I had heard of the 'Angel of Death'. People would say on different job Luca would get his Angel on it, that angel was Sofia. "Timothy should have never of done what he did to Sofia but that was the only reason the killing stopped." Rachael grabbed my face in her hands. "The monster finely went back to sleep but after that night everything then went down hill."

"What do you mean by that Sofia's has always seemed so full of life to me?" Rachael gave me a weak smile and walked away. She can't leave now with out telling me, I see where Sofia gets it from now.

"Four months after that night with Tim Pietro and his family got busted. Sofia wanted nothing to do with it all but Luca gave her no choice, Pietro's father had crossed us to many times now."

"Why didn't he give her a choice?" Even when it came to marrying me Luca didn't pressure her, it was never a definite yes for me.
"Sofia became very distant towards everyone including the family and with Luca family is everything, so when you refuse to do something for the family it's doesn't go down to well."

I could only imagine Lucas's reaction. I think a raging bull mixed with a deranged lion would be close enough.
"But long story short Sofia stood in court against her boyfriend and his family and once it was all over she moved to London and had little to no contact with any of us for about a year."

"Is that when you left Luca?" I didn't know if I should be asking such a question but as lovely as Rachael was she wasn't an open book and as for Luca his book was locked and the key was thrown away a long time ago.
"Yes, the stress was just to much what with Sofia leaving and the court case, I just couldn't handle it anymore. I left and got married but when I look back at it I regret it so much, I broke Luca into a million pieces when I left, he became very ruthless with everything but that is all in the past now."

She was right, everyone had a history and whether or not you regret it you still had the future to look forward to.

We both made are way up to the main floor, "you are the best thing to happen to Sofia and I mean that with all my heart Ivan." I chuckled and thanked her. After hearing about Sofia's life this evening I promised myself to give her the best life and future imaginable.

We where all waiting in the kitchen for Sofia and Izzy to get back with the food when we heard the front slam shut. I went through to see of they needed any help only to get the biggest surprise of my life.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"