Chapter 23

Sofia's childhood best friend Chiara Scelsi as Amelia Fernando

Sofia's POV

"This is the tenth shop we have visited Sofia, there has got to be something you like in here."

I only had two weeks left until the wedding but still hadn't found the perfect dress.
Mum and nonna have spent the day with me looking for one but nothing I looked at was what I had pictured in my mind.
"I'll know it when I see it, it's just that..."

"Yeah we know, you've got a picture in your head blah blah blah, it's fine Sofia but we've been at this all day, your father will think we've all been kidnapped if we don't get home soon."

They left me searching through the rails of dresses and sat down probably waiting for another rejection from me. I finally narrowed the whole shop down to five dresses.

I went to the changing room with one of the member's of staff to help me get the dress on, every part of me was hoping that one of the dresses was my perfect dress.

"Which one would you like to try first madame?"

One of the dresses I had picked caught my eye as soon as I saw it, the others I picked were nice but this one was what I have had pictured in my mind. I changed into the dress, as soon as it was on it felt perfect.

I knew this was the one, all I needed now was to actully look at myself in the mirror and mum and nonna's seal of approval.

"Amore, you look beautiful."
I could tell nonna was in shock. I looked over to mum, her eye's weld up with tears, "this is the one Sofia." I turned around to face the mirror and couldn't agree more with mum.

This is the one.

It was simple and pure everything I wanted in a dress, I didn't want to be over the top with diamonds and glitz

It was simple and pure everything I wanted in a dress, I didn't want to be over the top with diamonds and glitz. I just wanted to be traditional and I had finally found what I was looking.

It had been two weeks since the engagement party, I never believed I would have been able to plan a whole wedding with five hundred guests in just two weeks but I have, with the help of my dad's bank account of course. All I need now is for the bridesmaid dresses to arrive from Italy and then just to wait another two weeks until our wedding.