18: A New Beginning For Me

I returned to my old life.

 To the life of being with my friends.

 To the life of working at Claire's.

 To the life of being just me before I met Hawkeye.

 I'd began to chat back with Charity, Riana, Klary and Harmony.

 I'd began to work and hear Kasandra of the next Justin Bieber concert she was going to go to with Anabethani.

 I'd began to talk to my mom about how work went.

 Just being a regular person.

 I pretended that my alter ego superhero life never happened though Kasandra, Klary, Harmony, Riana and Charity begged me what happened between us and I told them that we just weren't made for each other.

******

 "Serenity, someone's at the door for you," I heard my mom call from the living room.

 I'd marched to the living room and opened the door.

 Hawkeye. Standing there. At my door.

 "What are you doing here?" I spatted.

 "We would like to talk to you," he said.

 "Talk?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

 "Me, Steve, Tony, Natasha, Banner and Thor."

 "What? Did I leave something in the Helicarrier?"

 "No, it's about you. Joining us."

 "Tony's not over it?"

 "Can you please just come with me?"

 I rolled my eyes. "Fine. Mom, I'm going out for a bit with my friend."

 So I followed him out and closed the door.

******

 I saw Thor, Steve, Tony, Natasha and Banner sitting at a table.

 Hawkeye led me back to the Helicarrier, saying that they wanted it to be secretive.

 "Well, if it isn't the eagle girl," Thor said, not lifting his head up as we entered.

 I sat down on a chair.

 "All right, what do you guys want?"

 They all lifted their heads to look at me.

 "About...the team joinning..." Tony began.

 "We were wrong to do that in front of you," Steve said.

 "It wasn't right," Banner added.

 "We were jealous but concerned with your safety," Thor said.

 "We just wanted to make sure you're ok with this idea," Natasha said. "The road will be dangerous and there will be lots of problems so we just wanted to make sure that you would agree to all of this before joining right in."

 I nodded. "Well, I thank you guys for your concern and all it's just you really hurt my feelings when you did that."

 "We just don't want anyone getting hurt and then saying no," Banner said. "We want you to be tough, kid. We want you to join us and not back out."

 "Which is what we're going to ask you now," Tony said.

 They all turned to me. "Will you join the Avengers?" Tony asked.

 "I would and I would help you guys out," I answered. "I'm not going to back out. I'm going to help you guys on figuring out Doom's plan and not only focus on finding my father. Whatever Doom's plan is, it has to involve my father anyway so why else would he use Sharp Shooter as a distraction for me? I would join and 'avenge'."

 "Then welcome to the team," Tony said. "I hope you can keep up with me."

 "How far do you think you can do your eagle sound?" Thor asked.

 "Forget that, how sharp are your talons?" Steve asked.

 "Do you get really angry and then roar?" Banner asked too.

 "Those talons can help you when fighting," Natasha commented.

 "How about some armor for those talons?" Tony asked.

 We all turned to him.

 "What? I'm just saying," Tony said. He shrugged.

 We all laughed at him.

 Soon we began to talk with each other and tell each other about what Doom's plan might be and how we should stop the villains.

 They promised me that we will go and find my father if he's part of whatever Doom's plan is.

 I gazed at Hawkeye. He was still the most wonderful superhero of all. He was handsome. He was hot. He was an archer like me.

 He saw my gaze and stared at me.

 I looked at Natasha and began to talk to her how she began to get involved with S.H.I.E.L.D. until Thor butted his head in and told us that did we think Tony's armor was made really cheap?

 Tony's face blared and we all laughed.

 It didn't matter to me now. It was just a new beginning for me as an Avenger.