Chapter 1

I wake up to the sound of my dad frying bacon. I wish! All my dad ever does is go to work, come home, and sit around. He's been like that ever since mum disappeared.

* Flashback *

" Mommy! I don't want you to go! Can I come!? " I ask

" No honey. I will be home soon after the meeting. Then we can spend the whole day together tomorrow. OK? " My mother says to me.

" You promise? "

" I promise, " My mother says once again as she heads out.

* End of Flashback *

That was the last time I ever saw my mom, and ever since then my dad was always distant from everything around him. I wipe the tears that were starting to form from my eyes and head downstairs. Gotta get ready for the first day of school! I put some pop tarts in the toaster and I go upstairs to change. I brush my long, wavy, light brown hair while brushing my teeth.( It saves time.) I put on my dark, denim skinny jeans and a dark grey t-shirt with a big flower in the middle that had a different color for each petal. I get my grey backpack and go downstairs. I grab the pop tarts out of the toaster and go outside. I can't wait to see Zane! Zane is my best friend and the only person I have left to talk to since the ' accident '. Today was his birthday and I have his gift all ready. I start walking to school, it is about a fifteen minute walk and plus I don't have a car.... When I get to school I bump into none other than Sydney and her crew. Sydney is the most popular girl in school. She feels better by making other people feel worse.

" Why hello Violet. " Sydney says to me.

" I told you my name is Celeste, " Everyone makes fun of me by calling my violet because of my eyes. You see, my eyes are a dark midnight sky violet color. Strange, I know right!

" Whatever Violet, " she rolls her eyes and walks past me her shoulder brushing mine.

Man I sometimes just want to rip that girls head off. I keep walking and accidentally bump into someone causing me to drop my books. I reach down to grab them.

" Sorry I wasn't paying attention," I said.

" Apparently," a familiar voice says.

I look up, " Zane? " OMG!!! He looks so different. His eyes are more of a grayish color and his hair is a dirty blonde, darker than his old blonde color. And did I mention he looks so well built now! Like kinda hot!

" The one and only, " he says and starts to walk away.

" Wait, where are you going? "

" Look, I know we used to be best friends and stuff, but just pretend you don't know me." He says and walks towards the jocks.

I can't believe it. He just left. I run to the bathroom and sit on the toilet crying. When the bell rings I leave the stall and look in the mirror. I look horrible! My eyes are puffy from crying. I fix myself up and head to class.

Zane P.O.V

~ This Morning~

" Zane wake up! "

" Ugh!!!!! I'm coming! "

I get out of bed and head downstairs to grab a plate eggs and bacon my mom just made. After eating, I go upstairs and pass a picture of my best friend, Celeste. I hate what I have to do today. I have to stay away from her because today I will turn 18 and experience my first werewolf shift and if I hang around her too much it will be dangerous. Plus when I find my mate she might be jealous of Celeste hanging with me all the time. I walk to my bedroom and get changed for the first day of school. When I get to school I see Sydney and her gang assaulting Celeste. ( as usual ) I keep on walking in the halls till Celeste bumps into me. Just my luck!

" Sorry I wasn't paying attention," she says bending down to pick up her books.

Okay time to start acting, " Apparently. "

She looks up, " Zane? "

I start to walk away, " The one and only. "

" Wait, where are you going? "

" Look, I know we used to best friends and stuff, but just pretend you don't know me." I say to her.

I walk towards the jocks, I had meet them at the pack meetings. I look behind me and see Celeste running into the ladies room. The bell rings and I head to class. A minute later I see Celeste walking in. ( Great! She's in my class! ) Her face looks all red and puffy, like shes been crying. I'm sorry Celeste.

________________________________________

Soo....... HOW IS IT!? Please tell me!

Picture of her eye color to the side.---------------------->