Chapter 2

I wake up and notice that I had fallen asleep. After school, I had gone to a beautiful pond in the woods that my mother used to take me to. It's the one place that can soothe my thoughts. I still can't believe what had happened today. " Look, I know we used to be best friends and stuff, but just pretend you don't know me."Those words kept repeating in my head like that annoying Sydney and her big blabber mouth. I wrap my arms around my legs and silently cry myself to sleep. Why does my life have to suck? I wake up the next morning and I take in a deep breath before heading home. Today was Friday and I couldn't wait for the weekend. I keep on walking till everything around me looked different. Well that's just great. I'm hopelessly lost. Then I hear a twig snap and a deep growl emerging from my right. I turn my head towards the sound and see a wolf creeping up towards me. The wolf was black with white paws and grey eyes that reminded me of Zane. The dam breaks and I find myself crying again.

Zane P.O.V

Yesterday was my birthday so I first shifted yesterday night. I slowly walk towards Celeste. She's crying. She flops on the floor sitting Indian style and holding her hands to her face. She must of forgotten I was there. I walk to up her and lick her face. She looks at my with her tear filled violet eyes. She's so beautiful. Then I hear my wolf whisper one word, " Mate." I should of known Violet was my mate. I nuzzle my snout into her hair and she hugs and pulls me close. I soon hear deep breathing and realize she had fallen asleep. She whispers one name, " Zane. " I love to hear my name coming from her mouth. It sounds so... right. I go back into the forest and grab the clothes I hid under a rock. I shift back and put on the clothes. I return to Celeste and carry her home. I jump on her balcony and open her sliding glass doors. ( She should really lock them ) I place her on her bed and start to head out when something catches my eye. A box wrapped in my favorite color wrapping paper. Silver. It had a tag with my name on it so I opened it. I pulled out a card that read, "Happy B-Day Z! ( my nickname ) " I open the box and inside was a scrapbook of all our memories and blank pages to fill. I feel so bad she spent all this time working on it and I broke her heart. I take it and leave

Celeste P.O.V

I wake and realize that I'm in my bed. Then I remember the wolf, I remember falling asleep holding the wolf. How did I get in my room? I go in my bathroom and take a long bath. After the bath, I go out for a walk in a dark blue sweater and some jeans. While I'm walking I see Zane outside of his house leaning on his car. It's like he is expecting me... I continue to walk until I hear my name being called. I turn around.

" What!? "

" We need to talk," he says to me.

" I have nothing to say to you, " I say holding in tears.

" Im sorry. "

" Goodbye Zane. "

I start walking away and the next thing I know Zane grabs me, turns me around, and crashes his lips on mine. It was a soft kiss that sent tingles all over my body. He pulled away and looked at me, " You felt that too, didn't you." I nod. He grabs me and places me on the back of his dad's truck. Then he starts to explain what I like to call crazy talk. When he is done telling me about his werewolf thing, I look at him like he is crazy. Then he shifts and I believe him. He walks out back and comes back human. Before I can ask he says, " When I shift back I'm naked."

" I have to go."

" Wait," he says.

I turn around only to be met by his gentle lips again. He pulls away and says, "Goodbye kiss." I smile as I walk towards my house rethinking what he had just said. His dad was the alpha of the pack so he was next in line and I was his mate do that would make me the next Luna of his pack. Just before I'm about to twist the doorknob to my house a hand grabs my waist and another grabs my mouth. I let out a muffled scream. " Your coming with me princess," the man says to me before everything fades into complete darkness.