Manuel Neuer

I gasped, shocked at Manuel's slump figure on my doorstep. His eyes were glassy and blood shot red. It was obvious that he had been crying.

"What happened? What's wrong?" I asked with panicked concern. He shook his head as he came in. Walking past me, a foul smell filled my nose.

"You stink." I commented in disgust.

"I know I slept in my car. Do you mind if I have shower?" It was clear to me that he was ashamed of that.

"Of course, but tell me what happened?" I questioned as he ascended the stairs.

"I need a shower." Was all he said, as he disappeared to the second floor. I decided to leave him, he knew where everything was and right now I could tell he needed his space.

I was watching TV when I started to hear Manuel's deep cries overpowering the sound of the running water. Turning up the volume of the television, I drowned him out. It's not that I didn't want hear them, I just felt like shouldn't be listening.

It was about 20 minutes later when Manuel emerged into the lounge with a towel around his waist, one slung over his shoulder, and a face no better than before. I muted the show I wasn't really watching and shuffled closer Manuel once he sat down on the sofa.

"It's Maddie. She wants a divorce." He struggled out.

"What? Why?" I never thought I'd see this day come.

"There's someone else." As much I didn't like her, I knew how much Manuel loved her. How could she do this to my best friend? He was speaking so calmly and I was full of anger.

"Are you fucking kidding me? That bitch!"

"Don't." He said gravely. I scoffed at his reaction.

"What the fuck Manuel? Aren't you angry?"

"Of course I'm fucking angry!!!" He screamed at me.

"Good." We glared at each other for moment before our expressions softened.

"I told her I'd forgive her, and that we could make it work, but she didn't want to hear any of it." I was internally groaning, pissed off that he'd still want to be with her after she cheated on him.

"She doesn't deserve you anyways." I said plainly.

"I know you've never liked her, but do you really have to be like that? I'm here because you're my best friend and I need you right now."

"I'm like that because she took you away from me, only to just cheat on you in the end." He knew I how I felt about him, but it has always been a topic we've just swept under the rug. He always had Maddie to marry, to and have a kid with, and I was just the long-time friend from when we were kids.

"Are you saying I picked the wrong girl?" Yes, I thought.

"I would never do that to Manuel, you know that." He nodded because it was true.

"Is too late. For us?" He asked hopefully.

"No." I shook my head.

My loin instantly burned for him and a sudden passion coursed through my body. He touched a hand to my hip lovingly and tugged my eager body into his lap. The intensity I felt for him was something he'd never understand. My heart thudded at my chest as he slowly peeled off my dress and discarded my bra.

For all I knew, I was just his rebound. But it was more to me. It would always be much more. His kisses were tender and his fingers were light on my skin. My hands hesitated on the towel that was snuggly wrapped around his bottom half. I've daydreamed about this moment, wondering if it would ever happen. Now it was.

"I'll take off yours if you take off mine.." He whispered. And that's what we did.

I was on the verge of saying something when he pushed through my flesh and into my sex. My words escaped my mind and were immediately forgotten. His hands rubbed over my prickling skin as I rocked on top of him, rising and falling.

We moaned between kisses. "How was I so blind?" He panted. He caressed me closer to his chest and kissed my shoulder. I watched his action; there was true love in his body language.

It felt like we had all the time in the world, but I was severely mistaken when my legs started to spasm and my insides ignited. I gasped on strangled noises that I had never heard come out of my mouth. Manuel held me securely and whispered words of encouragement.

"That's it, come, come...come for me." Ringed in my ear and I knew he was finally mine.