06: Guess Who Is Out Of The Closet?

It's Thursday morning when Tony catches the first missing poster of Karen Flynn in the main entrance, close to a water fountain. A mix of emotions burst in his empty stomach as he sees the red-headed girl with green eyes. At this moment, she might be rotting six feet under the ground, smelling like the dead body she is. Who knew she would be in a missing poster four days ago? Especially due to Tony, Lena, and Michelle.

  The poster of Karen does bother Tony a lot, but that isn't the only cause that he feels out of place. His father is. He's been with him when they ate dinner and also brought him to school, like the old times. He's trying hard to go back to the way they were, but Tony still remembers the pain he caused him.

"Hello, Oreos," Tony hears behind him. His heart leaps to his throat and leave an uncomfortable feeling when he hears his voice. Only one person calls him that—Wyatt.

Tony can't help but release a giggle, remembering the time he chocked on an Oreo at Wyatt's house. "Still remember that?"

Wyatt stands three feet apart from Tony, folding his well-proportioned arms. He's also wearing Katerina's Blue Jays soccer team sweatshirt. "Like it was yesterday," he confirms.

Tony straightens his posture and holds a serious face. "Is there something you want? I mean, Cameron wouldn't like me talking with you so hurry up."

"Cameron and I are nothing. We did try something, but guess what?" he explains, leaning closer to Tony's face. From close, Tony can admire his deep, dark blue eyes and smell his Guilty Black cologne by Gucci. "He isn't my type of guy."

Tony couldn't help but ask, "Who is your type of guy?"

  Wyatt bites his thick, bottom lip, never breaking the eye contact with Tony. "My type of guy has cute, thin-rimmed, round glasses that I adored to take off whenever we would kiss. He has extremely soft, dark-chocolate-brown hair that always smells like Herbal Essences. Also, his rosy cheeks would deepen in color when I would mention something that I love about him."

Tony touches his cheeks, feeling the heat rising in them.

"Did I mention that he's also a foot shorter than me? A dwarf." Wyatt smiles, showing his white teeth. "I realized that I still love him."

Tony isn't supposed to feel anything towards Wyatt anymore because they're aren't together. He wants to convince himself that Wyatt means nothing to him, but he's lying. Wyatt is someone special to him. He's his first boyfriend and first time ever having sexual contact with anyone. He made Tony feel comfortable with the parts he hated about himself and protected him when they would be together. There's no way Tony can forget that—and he hates that because how is he supposed to move on?

Tony can't hide the grin that's widening in his face. "Wyatt, I also—"

"Tony! Come!" Lena yells from the corner of a hallway, waving hysterically.

Tony looks back at Wyatt awkwardly, pushing his glasses up his nose. "I have to go."

When Tony catches up with Lena, she instantly asks, "What were you doing with him?"

"Nothing interesting," he answers as Lena leads him to the back doors.

"Where are you taking me?" Tony says, noticing how the hallways are almost empty.

"You'll see." Lena opens the back doors, continuing to walk towards the softball field behind the school.

Lena enters the field's silver gate with Tony behind, noticing how the other students are sitting on one side of the bleachers, equally excited as Lena. She takes Tony to the middle of the grass field and leaves him there, his back facing the bleachers full of students. He feels his cheeks and neck burning because he doesn't enjoy the prying eyes resting on him.

Suddenly, the baseball athletic guys with their uniforms walk forward to Tony in a straight line and then proceed to create a circle around him. One of the guys hands him a red rose. He takes it, remaining confused as they stop around him, forming a barrier. What is going on? A few second later, they open a small gap and Andrew walks forward, holding a big, baseball-hearts decorated poster, smiling. In the white and red poster, it says:

You strike me as the kind of guy I want to take to prom, Tony Sinclair.

  Tony gasps, covering his mouth with both hands. The tears start to build up in his eyes, fading the view of hot Andrew wearing his baseball uniform. Does this mean he's out of the closet now? Guess so.

"Would you do me the honors of attending prom with me?" Andrew asks, grinning.

  Tony can see the nervous glances Andrew gives him.

"Are you kidding me? Of course I do!" Tony yells, raising his hands up.

Andrew wraps his strong arms around Tony's waist as Tony does the same. The prom poster flapping behind Tony's back. The crowd in the bleachers start clapping and screaming loudly. Everything surrounding Tony seems surreal.

Andrew leaves the poster on the ground and wipes Tony's tears. "I hope this wasn't too cheesy."

"It was. But I loved it!" Tony whispers, feeling the words stuck in his throat from the excitement rushing through his veins. "I didn't know you were this creative."

"I would be lying if I didn't mention that I got this idea from Pinterest," Andrew explains.

  Tony laughs, hugging him again.

The two of them walk back to school holding hands. It feels weird to be all romantic with Andrew when there's a lot of people around. Expressing their relationship to everyone is new to Andrew. And somehow, this reminds Tony of how him and Wyatt would be on the hallways.

  People are congratulating them, especially Andrew for having the guts to come out and ask Tony to prom with a bunch of teenagers watching. And in those moment, Tony forgets about Wyatt completely. That is until he catches him glaring at them in the lockers. His beautiful face is clearly jealous with his eyebrows knitting together and the way he slams his locker shut way too hard.

Tony doesn't enjoy seeing Wyatt enraged, but at least he isn't the one being replaced now.

Guess who is?

~

A\N: I hope it was cute and not overly-cheesy! Like and comment if you like Tony and Andrew together💋