Part 2

Part 2:
You had been in that room for almost 2 hours now. You got a little more comfortable, and you were offered something to drink by one of his people and he had smiled at you a few times. It wasn't like a full smile, it was more of a half smile or a smirk. But every time it would send tingles up your spine. You were surprised at how long the interview lasted and he seemed to be practically fishing for anything else to ask you. It didn't end until the lady behind him tapped his shoulder and said "sir you have your meeting before lunch". He shook you hand again and smirked at you "it was a pleasure meeting you miss (y/n) (y/l/n), thank you for your time we will be in touch by 1:00 (13:00) today" he said professionally. "It was nice meeting you too, thank you for setting aside time in your busy schedule!" You responded.
_____________
You were back home, dumbstruck from the events of today. You were in your tub relaxing when your phone rang. You picked up and there was a lady on the other line asking if it was the right number. She said she worked for Mr. Barnes and she was calling to tell you that you got the job. You asked what position you would be filling and what she said shocked you "oh you will be Mr.Barnes new assistant, he says he thinks you would be a good resource to have around, and you'll be starting tomorrow " she answered innocently. "Oh ok thank you" you responded and she hung up. The next day you walked into your new job, and you were greeted by the lady from yesterday who was warm and kind and talked your ear off about how surprised she was that Mr.Barnes hired an assistant, because he's never done it before and he's very private. You two rode the elevator all the way up, you were ecstatic to be working so many floors up.
You arrived at the top floor and followed the lady to his office. He looked up at you anxiously and smiled a real smile this time. He welcomed you and asked the lady who you found out was named Karen if she could get you settled at a desk in his office. "Oh I thought you would want her in a cubicle out there" she responded. "Oh..no I would prefer her in here with me" he said. "Well as long as that's okay with you (y/n)...... Can I call you (y/n)?" He said in a straight forward tone. "Oh, of course, what ever you think is best Mr.Barnes..sir... I mean you're the boss. It's really up to you... Well I'm not that you need me to tell you that..." You nervously rambled. He seemed amused by your reaction and smirked. "Bring her a desk in here Karen" he directed to the lady.