CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2 :

THREE YEARS LATER 

TRISTAN S POV :

I woke up a bit excited and nervous to start my first day of the new job . The job i've been dreaming since i was a kid . I quickly showered and found the suit im searching for . I ate my breakfast and locked my house . My neighbour Mrs . Sutton waved to me and wished me luck as im leaving . I drove faster and reached on time . I saw the name engraved boldly on the stone while passing by . I've known this place since my uncle started working here . I showed the id my uncle gave me to the guard and he opened the gates for me . I entered the long driveway and reached the building in five minutes . I parked my car and made my way inside . I dont even wanna know how people live here . I mean it looks worse than a prison . The walls were all old and looked like they might fall down any second and they looked like they were painted with charcoal or something and the gates were all rusted  . There were several windows with bars and there s a big fence surrounding the area . There s even a big ground in the back . One can not see it if they are not looking for it . This building was built even before my uncle was born and somehow the owners didnt want to change its appearance . 

I made my way to the front desk and there was this girl about my age with curly blonde hair and blue eyes typing something on her computer . 

"Excuse me ?"

She looked up at me and sighed . 

"Im sorry . No visiting hours today . "

And then she started working . I fished my id out of my pocket and placed it infront of her . She stared at me and then at my id and me and id and replied me . 

"You're Mr . Simmons ?"

"Yes ."

"You look . . . young ."

"Yeah , i get that a lot ."

"Im Emily ."

I shookher hand and she unlocked a gate for me and told me the way to my uncle s office . I reached his office , knocked on the door and opened the door without waiting for a reply . He was reading a file . He looked up at me and smiled. 

"Tristan ! Right on time ."

"Uncle Stuart ."

I nodded and he pointed to the chair opposite him and  sat down himself . After we were seated he closed the file and looked at me . 

"Well , Tristan . Im not giving this job to you because im your uncle . Its because of your grades and i think you can handle things well . And i hope you dont disappoint me ."

"Ofcourse not ."

"Ok . Let me tell you about this place . There are different blocks with different kinds of patients. And some of them even killed people . We allot a seperate block for them and normally they dont mingle with others . We seperate them according to their behaviour and they are free to roam around in their blocks . "

"Ok ."

"And im alloting you to block A because one of our doctors left and we really need one right now . You dont get any superior and you can take up the cases of the previous one . And one more thing , the people in there were here for murder . So , be careful . I dont wanna answer your mother if something happens to you . "

"Ok ."

"You better get going . Here s a map of this place . You get lost easily around here ,its like a mansion . "

' more like a haunted house ' 

i thought to myself . 

"Good luck , Tristan ."