Chapter 3: Elijah's gone

When I agreed to helping the Original vampire I didn't expect to have to give my word with no killings which in my case means no feeding on people. On the other hand, the man known as Marcel that I met earlier is hiding something under his sleeve that Elijah needs to know about.

 "I can't What!" I Hollar towards him. I swear this is the last straw I've had from this man. "I cannot drink from anyone?! I understand if you don't do that Elijah but that doesn't mean you have the right to take that away from me!"

 "I never said you couldn't drink. I only said for you not to kill people." He looks at me as I place my hands on the table furious with the outcome of my decision. Then realization finally hits his face. "You can't control it."

 "Wow really that noticeable," I sarcastically say to him. It was never my intention to kill the person I was drinking from I just could never control it, and having my humanity off at the same time consumed my guilt for me. I never felt what it was like to kill a person without my humanity, and I shall never experience that. 

 Even after all of these years I've been alive I've never felt the need to control my thirst. It was never my priority to get that straightened out, besides I couldn't have cared less if they died or not I just needed to satisfy my thirst.

 "Well, in the meantime you will drink from blood bags as we help you, as you are helping us with Marcel ."

 "Forcefully. And I never said I wanted help." I gritted out.

 "Well since as you're staying with us, we don't need to have a whole street of people killed in the middle of New Orleans now do we?"

 In my point of view, tons of people started walking towards this one building, I could hear there was music playing loudly in there and I decided to investigate. Walking up to the huge building a man stands there handing out a flyer and stamping people's hands.

 Standing myself in the line I wait until it's my turn, and once it is I receive a flyer and a fancy "M" stamped on my hand. 

"The Abattoir, where the party never ends" I read as my eyes scanned over the thin piece of paper. A smile completely covered my face as I walked into a courtyard where humans and vampires danced against each other. 

 Flashing lights surrounded me as I walked around and started to dance into the crowd of people. Then out of nowhere the vampires started to turn on the humans and drink from them, I look around to see people screaming and shrug my shoulders thinking the party's now gonna be over.

 Instead what I get is a vampire jumping me and trying to rip out my jugular with his teeth. Grabbing onto his throat I hold him in the air then rip my hand into his chest, pulling out his heart. I let go of him and he drops to the floor and I hear a few gasps surrounding me.

 My eyes look up to see two people behind the balcony of the courtyard looking down at me. One of them being Marcel and next to him someone I haven't met yet. The man was about maybe 5,11 and he had dirty blond hair. His eyes were a mix of green and blue which popped out because of his fairly white skin. A scent hits my nose and I scrunch up my face, he smelt of dog but not just that. 

He was a vampire alright. A hybrid at the most.

 A wicked smile is thrown at me by him and instantly I feel uncomfortable. Deciding it was my time to leave I exit the Abattoir and make my way towards the Plantation.

  Opening the room I was given I look around. It's been a while since I actually settled down and haven't done anything. There a couple of paintings hanging on the wall as well as a mirror. A bathroom was connected to the bedroom and I walk in. It was a decent size acquired with a shower, bathtub, couple sinks, and obviously a toilet. Opening the drawers I find a hairbrush, a toothbrush and toothpaste, body wash, and other toiletries.