Chapter 1: The Blood Rush

"I will not scream. I will not move." She repeats my words and my fangs extrude from my gums, smiling I bite down on her neck. The beautiful girl does exactly what shes told, but I can tell she's making faces full of agony. Her blood flows smoothly down my throat as I'm in pure ecstasy, and I dig my fangs harder into her neck.

 Once satisfied I let go of her to see her eyes rolled back into her head and no breaths coming out of her. 

 "Man, you didn't last long." I let her body drop from my arms onto the concrete ground as the remaining blood from within her drains from her neck. Her face ghostly pale.

 I never usually had a problem with killing people, but when days go by without feeding, that happens. I don't really feel sorry for the girl who lay sprawled out before me. However, I did feel sorry for the new pair of clothes that I had just bought, they were brand new and my slopiness had come at a cost.

 Blood. It dripped from my lips and I smiled, taking my thumb I swiped it before licking it off.

 Bending down towards the woman I rip a piece of cloth from her clothing and use it to wipe my mouth with it. Red locks stuck to my cheek and I gently removed it wiping the blood off. Then I wiped my cheek and lips before putting the piece of cloth in the women's bra that was sticking out.

 Looking at my artwork on the ground I stroll through the streets of New Orleans. Today was a day where no partying was taking place and people were in their homes resting. The best part about this city was the parties though, everyone oblivious to the fact that they're being fed on and compulsed like nothing had ever happened. 

 Walking through an alleyway and entering another street I hear people heavily arguing with each other. It was loud and I bet people were starting to get annoyed with the commotion. Is it a gang or something?

 I peeked my head around the corner and saw a woman lying on the ground and people surrounding that said woman.

 Vampires jumped from the rooftops and surrounded the women. Witches. Vampires and witches. How great. How lovely. 

 "Well, Well, Well, What have we here." The man says, walking towards one of the witches, "I got to tell you, Soph, this street corner is not proven the luckiest spot for your family tonight." He smirks while another vampire by him walks to the other witches and hisses at them.

 I feel like I'm watching an angsty vamp teenager trying to be cool. What in the hell is happening in this city? If I remember the witches mostly had control of it and "harmony" was with all the supernatural.

 "Not half an hour ago we had to teach your sister a little lesson." He points to the woman lying dead in the middle of the street.

 "We're putting her to rest Marcel... leave us alone." The witch stands up facing him, her voice full of sadness with tears staining her cheeks. 

 The man named Marcel was tall and had quite the muscle built on him. He was dark-skinned as well and his head was shaven, his brown eyes held no empathy towards the women he was confronting nor was he playing around. 

 "I never said you could move the body, matter of fact I left it here for a reason, send a message. If anyone is thinking of joining some kind of rebellion. My rules state that witches cannot practice magic in the Quarter. And yet a little birdie informed me that Jane Anne was cooking up something magically delicious. Oh yeah and while I have you a quick Q&A, my uh... old friend the hybrid, Klaus he just happened to show up out of the blue asking for of all people Jane Anne. Any idea why?" The man finishes glaring directly at the woman.

  "I don't know." She replies quietly "Witches don't get involved in vampire business." 

 "That would be pretty stupid, That's for sure." He says, while walking behind her "I'll tell you what. Go back to the restaurant, cook up some of that famous gumbo, and keep those tourists happy." He smiles at her and then looks at one of the other vampires.