Chapter 2: Giving My Word

Groaning I grabbed my head and rubbed my temples I then moved towards my neck and rubbed the knot that was stuck in it. I hated getting my neck snapped, especially when that hadn't happened to me in forever. I was most definitely humbled.

 I looked around, trying to gather where I was. A cell. With some shitty bed in the corner and some damp ass concrete floors. If I was human I would be sick, sadly I am not so I'm stuck here.

 Trying to stand up was not an option. vervain. I have been dosed with vervain. Grabbing the bars was also not an option as I screamed when sizzling pain seeped off my hands.

 "You SHITS!" I screamed, making sure whoever was in hear heard what I said. When I get out of here I swear to god I'm going to bring hell on earth. "At this point why don't you just douse the whole cell with vervain? I think that would be a blast." 

 Having enough I grabbed the cell bars and pulled as hard as I could. I allowed the vervain to burn my hands while I held in a scream.

 "Enough Abigail." Walking around the corner he prys my hands from the bars. I huff and sit on the cot in the back staring at him.

 "Enough? I'm not a dog Elijah. You practically placed me in a sex dungeon from the looks of it." I smile. "Not that I'm complaining but please next time ask for dinner first."

 This time a little sigh comes out from between his lips and I look up at him with an eyebrow raised.  

 "Why am I here?"

 "Abigail, you're going around killing people and then for good measure leaving them on the streets for us to find and clean up. You can't be doing this right now."

 I raise my eyebrow and lean back on the wall.

 "I see no issue with it."

 "Well, I do." He stares at me a little too long might I add.

 "What do you want."

 "I can see that your humanity is well off still."

 "I don't see a reason for it to be on Elijah. If you do then congrats here's a cookie." I pretend to pull out of my pocket a cookie, instead I flip him off. He rolls his eyes at me before sighing and looking down. 

 "Abigail, you must stop killing these people."

 "Give me a reason then."

 "I won't give you a reason but I will give you and opportunity."

 Intrigued I sit up and look at the attractive man before me. His posture was straight and confident, it meant business. I gestured my hand for him to continue.

 "Are you planning on leaving New Orleans?" I shake my head. "Either you stay in this grimy, old, probably moldy cell. Or you stay with me? You will stay at my side and you will help me with this drama that is radiating from this city."

 "I'm sorry did you say moldy?" I grimaced and jumped up from the bed, looking down I could see spots of mold already forming and disgusted I backed away from it. "Dammit, Elijah I didn't come for drama here I came for the food." I retaliate.

 "Is that your choice?"

  I pondered, this cell was absolutely filthy. I am a woman of high maintenance not whatever this was. "Fine. But did you have to vervain me?"

 "Me and you both know those bars wouldn't hold you back."

*

*

*

 I was finally let out of that barbaric cell and had my suitcase and duffle bag in hand. Elijah kindly dropped me off at my hotel so I could pick up my remaining clothes, packing my clothes in bags I glanced at my phone. 

 4:00 am Sighing I grabbed my stuff and walked out to the car he was waiting in.

 It was a quiet ride there, mostly awkward but also very quiet. I took quit glances at him trying to figure out what he was thinking but I couldn't. I saw nothing I couldn't read him. Instead I took to looking out of the window and watching the stars and clouds hanging around the dark sky making it look ethereal. 

 "May I ask where we are going?"

 "To my house. You will be able to stay there. We also reside at the Abbatoir, I will make sure a room is prepared for you there too. You might want to split half of your wardrobe here and there." When we finally arrived at the house I was in awe, yes I have compelled houses in my lifetime but never something this beautiful. 

 When I was about to open my door Elijah had appeared before me and opened it with a hand stretched out. Rolling my eyes I take his hand and he closes the door behind me. I grabbed my things before heading into the house, and when I did I was in awe. The whole place was decorated extravagantly.

 When I reached my room I was just as gorgeous. Different antique items were organized and placed nicely around the room. While it had some age to it, nothing but a bit of love and care would fix it. Dust coated the dressers and bookshelves however the sheets were freshly made. 

 "Thank you, Elijah, for the "hospitality". I glance over at him while walking to the bed.

 "It was nothing. While you are here please do not cause any issues within the city."

 I let out a slight chuckle and threw my duffle bag and suitcase on my bed. "I will probably hear it 1000 times more but I give you my word I will not. It sounds like this whole city is a shit show itself right now."

 "Thank you, rest while you are able to right now." He left the room gently closing the door and I took a deep breath. 

 Abigail Rays, what the hell have you gotten yourself into.