Chapter 6: Face to Face

"You need to be cautious. Trust no-one." I say to Davina as I make my way out of the church.

 She runs after me and takes ahold of my arm. "Not even Marcel?" 

 "Not even Marcel. Watch out for a Klaus, Elijahs brother. He's also looking for you." She nods her head.

 Exiting the church a slight breeze hits my face as the moon shines brightly in the sky. I still couldn't comprehend why Davina had to go through all of this. She should have a normal life like any teenage girl, not this.

 The streets were empty except maybe a couple or more people still out roaming around with their beloved ones. I glance at them wondering what that was like, to love someone till your dying days. To be with that one special person for the rest of your life. 

 Shrugging my shoulders I rid of the thought out of my head and walk under the streetlights. Eerily they start flicking and I look up feeling a little creeped out. That was until the light I was under burst into a thousand little pieces, the shards fell on top of me and I cover my head. 

 Every single one of the street lights then began to shatter and up ahead of me was a group of people backing up as one girl walked towards them. Walking forward more towards the group I see Katie with her hands raised in the air and Marcel crouched down on the ground in pain.

 She twists one of her hands letting the magic flow through her freely and snaps Marcels' back. All of a sudden Marcel starts to pick himself up. I knew Davina was helping Marcel get himself together but it wasn't enough. If Davina kept this up she was going to get herself hurt.

 Putting myself now in the situation I run up to Katie and smile. "Sorry, not sorry." Resting my hands on her head I harshly snap her neck. She drops to the ground and I look at her then to the people around me. Her lover I presume comes up to the girl while crying and holds her head.

 Without saying a word I walk away from them and head back to the church making sure that Davina was not dead. Shoving open the church doors I head up the stairs and into Davina's room where she looked out of breath.

 "Are you insane!? I was only gone for what? 10 minutes?" Turning to look at me she throws herself at me and into a hug. "You can't be doing that Davina, what were you thinking?"

 "I had to help him. He needed my help." This girl is literally willing to do anything for Marcel even if it means getting herself killed. Marcel has her so tight around his finger he has nothing to worry about because he knows Davina would take care of it.

 "Are you okay?" I say pulling back from her.

 She nods her head but instantly my face falls as I hear footsteps right behind me. Turning around Marcel stands in the doorway glaring at me until Davina calls his name a runs into Marcel's arms.

 "You're okay. I was so worried." He gently puts her down and continues to look at me before running towards me and holding me against the wall. I grab onto his wrist and claw my nails into his skin but he doesn't even flinch. 

 "Oh come on. Were all friends here." I get out before he tightens his hand around my neck. Taking both of my legs I kick them against his stomach and he stumbles back trying to catch his breath. I, on the other hand, fall to the ground only to immediately pick myself back up.

 "You're welcome by the way," I say crossing my arms over my chest and glare at him. 

 Picking himself back up he charges towards me again until Davina gets in the middle of both of us putting her hands out towards Marcel. 

 "No stop! She can be trusted. Please, Marcel." 

 "How can you be so sure?" 

 "Marcel. You really think that less of me?"