Chapter 10: Hallucinations

Gripping my shoulder I groaned in pain while sitting on the dirt and closed my eyes. The burning sensation spread across my body at an inhuman speed, I tried standing but It was no use.

 "Hayley you need to go," Elijah says to the pregnant wolf, he takes his arms and guides both behind my back and legs. 

 "But-"

"Hayley," He repeats. He gently lifts me into his arms and heads into the cabin, placing me on the cot in the corner of the room he guides Hayley to the door and practically kicks her out. For her safety and mine, it was in her best interest to leave without any arguing to to just listen to Elijah.

 My hands were clammy and I looked down to see my skin tone ten shades lighter than it was before. If it wasn't me in this situation it would be quite entertaining but noo god forbid it couldn't have been anyone else than me. 

 The audacity which that hybrid had to attack me when vulnerable was a dick move. Even I wouldn't have done that to my worst enemy.

 A warm hand is placed on my hand and I swat it away from me already being hot enough.

  "You're burning up."

 "No, really Elijah? I didn't know. It's not like I can feel myself burning up internally here." I sarcastically reply to him. 

 He looks at me with a saddened look before turning away and grabbing a bowl of water.

 "I'm going to die aren't I."

 Nothing. I didn't get a response. I knew what the answer was before I even asked the question however I hoped for a different outcome.

 I laid back on the cot and stared at the ceiling filled with cobwebs and dust. I was hoping to go out a better way but I guess it is what it is.

 "You are not going to have an enjoyable experience. I recommend you try and relax as much as possible and try to not stress yourself out."

 I harshly coughed into my arm before looking at the man. "It can't be that bad right?"

 "Unless hallucinations don't count as being on bad terms then no it won't be that bad."

 "I'm sorry," I began. "Did you say hallucinations?!" I sit up only to be hit by a wave of dizziness. Elijah walks over and gently guides my body back down and sits next to me. 

 "You need to calm down Abigail." He takes the cloth and rests it against my head removing it every so often to give it a cold soak.

 Taking a deep breath and start coughing out harshly trying to clear my chest.

 As Elijah placed the newly cold and damp cloth against my forehead every part of my body felt like it was being lit on fire from the inside out. Coughing harshly again I roll onto my back again and cover my eyes with my arm while my breathing becomes erratic. 

 Closing my eyes the last thing I see is his worried face.

 Opening my eyes I took a look around and realized that this wasn't the cabin. Rather I was in a forest with a little clear opening with candles that were lit all around me. 

 The hallucinations had started.

 "Father, where are you taking me?"

 Father? 

 Confused I snap my head over to see my 16-year-old self following my father into the clearing where I already was. I stood still watching the two until they stopped and I got to take a good look at my younger self. She looked almost nervous and most of all confused about where she was.