Chapter 15: Witches of Chaos

"Elijah before you leave I have some concerns."

 He lifts one eyebrow before walking over and taking a seat beside me, our legs touching one another. I looked down at the ground with scrunched eyebrows, my fingers entwisting with themselves, trying to calm the current anxiety feeling going through my chest.

 Maybe I was just exaggerating? Nothing made sense, and I needed a new mind to hear my thoughts.

"Somethings wrong with me."

 He sits in silence, listening to every word leaving between my lips.

 "His spell, Papa Tunde's spell. I was able to break it, though it proved difficult. Do you know how old that magic is? I shouldn't even be here right now."

 His eyes widened at my revelation. I continue to look down at my feet while playing with my fingers. "Do you remember that incident at the cabin? When Klaus had bit me? I shouldn't have survived that. There's no explanation for that."

 "I didn't think you were going to survive. I held you and watched as you deteriorated slowly before my eyes and yet you pulled through. I thought it must've been luck or maybe some witches you struck a deal with."

Feeling him stare I turned my head and softly smiled at him.

"Elijah, I'm supposed to be dead. I shouldn't have survived that or the incident with Papa Tunde. His magic was unlike any other and so strong, however, I still took him down."

 We stayed quiet, both processing the information that was exchanged between one another.

"I keep having nightmares." I started. "They're recurring, the same ones over and over again. It must mean something I know it. Some I remember, other times I wake up in a daze not knowing why I'm crying when I awake"

 Sighing I sink my head between my hands, soothing the tension resting behind my eyes. I hear Elijah also sigh next to me before grabbing my hand, pulling it away from my face, and cradling it with his own.

"We will figure this out, Abagail I give you my word. At the moment do not stress yourself out about this. You're alive, well, and healthy. That should be celebrated not something to be worrying about."

*

*

*

 In through one ear and out the other I listen to the others discuss my condition like I wasn't even here. Elijah had one job, and that was to keep what was happening to me on the down low. However turns out he has a big mouth that is unable to shut when someone tells him to keep it quiet.

 My eyes scan the room landing on the noble vampire and we lock eyes. Silently I give him a death stare to tell him to fix the situation now and with a nod he stands up. He captivates the room with a simple grunt and the 3 vampires turn to him.

"I think we all come to realize that Abigail is something special, however at the moment we don't have anything that could help her situation. We have bigger things that we need to be worrying about."

 Abruptly Klaus's phone dings, he digs it out of his pocket, looks at it quickly, then pockets it once again. "Well sorry for the quick chat but me and Marcel have a sermon to catch with great pastor O'Connell."

"Never thought church to be your thing, Klaus." I snort out.

"Never knew the rat's nest was a fashion trend lately."

 Jaw dropped I stared at him while he and Marcel walked out of the Abattoir, leaving a giggling Rebekah and a chuckling Elijah.

Glaring at the two I watch Rebekah also leave which only left me and Elijah.