Chapter 12: How Could You

I rest my elbows on the edge of my balcony at the plantation and watch as the morning sun starts rising in the colorful sky. The birds are chirping as loudly as ever but again no wind. The trees are silent but it is nice and cool outside, goosebumps rise on the skin of my arms but I make no move to grab a jacket. 

 I didn't sleep again last night. 

 Another hallucination happened again too. 

 They keep coming but I swear, every time it gets a little worse when it happens.

 Was I tired? yes, but could I not sleep?... Also a yes. 

 The door to my bedroom had open but I didn't make a move to look around, the only person that comes into my room anyways is Elijah. His footsteps were quiet as he made his way around the room and outside to the balcony where I was at.

 "Couldn't sleep?"

 "What do you think sherlock."

 He huffed a laugh under his breath then turned towards me with his hand held out. Moving my eyes down to my right I see him holding a small purple bag, I give him a questioning look. "You haven't slept in a couple of days so I thought maybe these would help. They're Chamomile tea leaves, they help if you have insomnia." 

 My eyes turned into slits looking at him, "I swear if you're trying anything st-"

 "I can promise you I am not." He looks me in the eyes as I stare him down, looking for anything that could give him away if he's trying something.

 I reluctantly take the bag from his hands and look at the leaves. They looked safe, and nothing seems to be done to them.

 "Thank you," I mumble to him looking away.

 "You are very welcome."

*

*

*

Later in the afternoon, I get an urgent call from Davina saying she needed my help immediately and to not tell anyone where I was going. In a rush, I throw on my shoes and grab the keys to a vehicle in the parking lot. Starting the ignition I drive out of the driveway and head into the city to find this specific apartment she gave me. 

 "Man if she gave me the wrong address I'm going to be pissed." I knock on the door three times waited a second then knocked one time. Waiting for Davina I started scuffing my shoes against the concrete until the door swings open.

 "Finally you're here, get inside, quickly." She pulls me in with such force I actually stumble a bit before straightening myself up again. The young witch looked like a wild animal of some sort as she starts pacing in the apartment.

 Gripping onto the woman's shoulders I stop Davina in her tracks and force her to look me in the eyes. "Davina I need you to tell me what's happening." 

 I freeze in my tracks when I hear two other heartbeats in the room. 

 "Davina who else is here?"

 "Um Cami and Josh but at the moment I just got done with taking Klaus's compulsion off of her Cami and Josh are helping me run away with the help of also Cami and somebody's using magic to try and find me at the moment because they are trying to finish the harvest and I don't know what I'm going to do because I don't want to-"

 "Davina!"

 She shuts her mouth while I just processed what was officially happening. The Mikaelsons are trying to finish the harvest. They're trying to kill Davina and finish the harvest. I was being kept out of the loop for this certain reason because they knew I wouldn't agree to this. Because I would have killed them for even bringing this to attention.