Surprise Trip

Author's Note: Marky. 😉😌👏

Chapter 14

Amber

The black diamond ring.

I stared at the ring all day in school—in and out of class. Every time I glanced down, the ring instantly reminded me of Donny and our make-out session last night.

Oh God.

He's so amazing—super duper amazing.

What was out there creeping last night? I had no idea. Maybe it was a rabbit or something.

When Kim and Reece saw the protection ring Donny gave me, they literally adored it—maybe even wanted one like mine. I walked with Jayko to the gym since we have the same class together. I asked him about Chris and Angelica. He told me that they were working things out after the situation. He also told me something that was a little more private. He confessed that Chris didn't want to really date Angelica. He just wanted to remain friends with benefits with her. I shook my head and rolled my eyes at that.

Angelica deserved somebody more worthy. Why would she settle for less? And why would she be okay with that?

I still didn't understand... unless that was her thing.

Jayko and I ran the mile and we chatted. He made me laugh along the way. I wondered why Jayko didn't have a girlfriend? I mean he wasn't ugly. He was funny, athletic, and charming in his own way—unless he was secretly gay—then that was something else.

"Are you dating anybody?" I asked.

His eyes lit up. "No. Why?"

"I ask because I have never seen you with anyone. Do you like anybody?"

He hesitated to answer and blushed a little.

"There is this one girl," he said, "but I don't think I'm her type."

"How do you know that? Did you at least try to ask her out?"

"Trust me. A girl like that wouldn't date me."

"Why not?"

He shrugged, but remained silent. I had no idea he thought like that. Why would he think like that? He was such an amazing guy. I was sure any girl would date him.

I decided to keep my gym clothes on as I waited in the gym. Jayko had snuck out earlier as usual before the school bell could ring. As I sat on the dark blue bleachers, my eyes traveled to the bleachers across from mine. Chris was sitting with a bunch of females encircling him like thirsty rats. The blonde cheerleader that had an attitude with Angelica was there—sidled beside him like that was her guy.

He smirked and mingled with the girls and a deep part of me felt disturbed. When the bell rang, his fangirls left. I walked down the bleachers and headed to the double doors.

"Hey, new girl."

I recognized the voice—it was him—Chris. I glanced over my shoulder and caught him looking at my bottom before looking back up to my face. I turned away and continued walking. He caught up to me in the hallways.

I frowned. "What do you want?"

His eyes sparkled suggestively. "Relax. I'm just trying to talk."

"I'm not interested in talking."

"Ouh. I like that."

He wore that over-used smirk on his face. I glared at him.

"You're a disgrace."