Garnald's House

Author's Note: Rick. (Kim's ex) 😋

Chapter 17

Amber

Last night, I received a couple of messages from Donny. The messages were photos... photos of him and Star. The first picture he sent or shall I say she sent was of them laying on the bed. They were naked or half-naked. I couldn't quite tell since the picture was shot from the waist up. She had rested her head on his chest with no bra on, smiling at the camera. He, on the other hand, looked to be sleeping. The second photo showed her lips near his. And the third photo showed his hand on her breasts.

The pictures were attached to a text.

Donny: Just a little reminder that you're not the only one he's interested in (;

I couldn't sleep throughout the whole night. Those images somehow were engraved in my skull. I knew for a fact that he didn't send them.

It was her.

Jealously swarmed my feelings and I couldn't get over the fact that they were in bed together. Did he let her in? Did she just come in without him knowing? It was tricky to tell, but then again maybe he was talking to her last night. He was still her friend anyway.

My reasonable thoughts made me even more jealous. I hated the feeling. I hated worrying. Why should I be jealous when he didn't even ask me to be his girlfriend?

I laid in bed as the bright sun peeped through the soft, beige curtains. The morning air drifted inside the opened window. As I got up and did my morning routine, my phone buzzed and rang. I waited until I finished in the bathroom to check to see who called. My phone flashed a notification—one missed call from Donny.

I ignored it. I didn't want to talk to him.

In the kitchen, my mother was making French toast. I sat on the mini breakfast nook and greeted my mother.

"Good morning, honey," she beamed.

She walked over with two plates, and we ate our breakfast peacefully. The moment we finished was the moment my mother's phone rang.

"It's Garnald," she said before she answered the call. "Hi, how are you?

We're doing great and yourself?

That's so good to hear.

Mhm. Oh, wow.

You really don't have to do that." My mom's eyebrows raised. "A fashion show?"

She chatted with Garnald a little longer and hung up the call.

"What happened?" I asked. "Are we going?"

"Yes, we are." She smiled. "He already sent someone to pick us up. It's obligated for us to go to his fashion show. He's not taking no for an answer."

My mouth dropped. "A real fashion show?"

"Yes."

"Oh my God," I gushed. "Do you know if any celebrities are going to be there?"

"He said there's going to be important people. So, I imagine that's a yes."

"Oh my God," I squealed.

I couldn't believe it. I was finally going to attend a real live fashion show. I had never been to one ever in my life. This was going to be so epic!

"Wait. How does he know where we're at?" I questioned.

My mother laughed. "He said he knows people."

"That's kind of creepy."

"I know," she said.

There was a knock on the door. My mother and I frowned at each other.