Investigating

Author's Note: I'm obsessed with this song and I felt like it goes perfectly with this book. It's called Running With The Wolves by Aurora. And as always, enjoy the read. (:

Chapter 37

Amber

With my hand in his, I followed Aiden up the stairs. I was curious to know what he wanted to show me. He led us down the hallway and into Jayko's room. The house was silent. I was guessing it was only us two in the house. I wondered where Jayko was at this time of night.

I glanced around as we entered the room. The walls were dark blue, matching with Jayko's large, messy bed. Posters of men doing stunts on dirt bikes and a very large television screen hung on the walls. I smiled to myself.

Typical Jayko.

"Wait here."

Aiden walked inside Jayko's connected bathroom, switching on the light. I sat at the edge of the bed, running my hands through the silky sheets as I waited for him.

I know I said I needed a break from all of this, but seeing Aiden again just vanished those thoughts away. Kissing him in the train station filled my thoughts.

What would've happened if I had never appeared at the train station? What would've happened?

I probably would've still been with Donny.

Silence filled the room. I wondered what Aiden was doing in the bathroom?

I leaned forward from the bed, getting a better view of the half-opened door. I could see the side of his muscular arms and legs as he stood in front of a mirror. The moment I looked was the moment his hand reached for the towel. The towel around his waist fell to the floor, exposing every inch of his skin. His member came to my view.

Oh my God! Holy shit!

He is big!

I quickly turned away. My cheeks felt extremely hot. My heart thumped harder against my chest. It was as if he sensed me watching him and he let the towel fall. Whoa. That was unpredictable. Every nerve from my body trembled. I tried to control myself, but for some reason, my eyes didn't obey me. I found myself helplessly glancing up again. I calmed down when he wasn't naked. He had slid on a pair of sweatpants. My eyes zoomed in on unfamiliar, black letters. The mark was on the right side of his lower stomach, by his V-line.

I frowned.

It didn't look like a tattoo, but more like they branded him?

He turned off the bathroom light and walked to the bedroom. I quickly looked at the floor, acting like I didn't see anything.

Nope.

Nada.

Here I was acting like a normal teenage girl. The mattress dipped low beside me, his warm leg touching mine.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I glanced up at him. He was grinning at me. He must've noticed my red cheeks and my harsh breathing.

"Yeah," I lied.

"Whatever you say," he whispered. There was playfulness in his voice.

"So, what were you going to show me?" I asked, noticing nothing in his hands.

My breath hitched as the back of his finger glided across my cheek, leaving a trail of heated tingles on my face. He didn't say a word and leaned his body closer. Before his lips touched mine, I glimpsed half of the brand from his lower stomach.