Watching

Author's Note: I hope you guys are having a beautiful day (: Enjoy 💙

Chapter 45

Mr. Caro

The driver honked the vehicle horn from behind.

"Get out of the way you asshole!"

Rolling down my window, I grinned happily. I waved at them in the rearview mirror. The angry man skidded his green car to the opposite lane and drove off, speeding past me.

Aww. How nice of them. Today is a beautiful day.

I felt complete joy as I drove to school and parked my car. I greeted all of the staff members with my happy dance. Skipping down the hallways, a couple of students laughed and I loved that they were spreading positive vibes into the air. It was so nice to see so many smiles this morning.

I entered my classroom and plopped down on my chair. Students and more students strolled inside and took their seats before the bell rang. Marky came in with a smile on his face.

"Good morning, Mr. Caro."

"Good morning, Mr. Nataz. How are you today?"

"Better than ever."

I sipped from my coffee and said to him, "That's the spirit."

He chuckled and sat on his seat.

The bell rang and I introduced the class assignment for today. As I scribbled page numbers on the board, a low growl escaped my stomach. I ignored it and continued writing. The sound erupted in my stomach again. Sweat misted my forehead. I dropped my chalk and clutched my stomach as I threw a loud toxic fart into the air. The silent students broke into laughter.

I laughed with them. "Oopsies. I need to do a poopsies," I gushed. "Read the next chapter."

I darted out of the classroom and sprinted down the empty hallways. I banged the bathroom door open and locked myself inside a stall. I didn't hesitate to release the dragons. I sat on the toilet for a while, shitting and farting like crazy. I flushed when I finished and came out of the stall to wash my hands. The door opened and Mr. Conner walked in. He scrunched his face and fanned his nose.

"Good morning, Mr. Principal. Isn't it a lovely day today?"

"Yes, it is," he rasped. "Aren't you supposed to be in class teaching?"

"Yes, sir, but I had a bit of an emergency."

"No kidding," he rasped.

He left quickly and the door closed.

Amber

Mr. Caro dashed out the door. Everyone couldn't stop laughing.

"Oh my God, Marky. What did you do to this teacher?"

All I saw was his white teeth gleaming everywhere. He turned to me, leaning forward in his chair, his elbows planted on his knees.

"I put a detox tablet in his coffee," he whispered.

My jaw fell.

"Marky, that's not funny. What if he's allergic to that stuff?"

"Relax, Amber. I don't think he is."

"But what if he is?" I argued.

"Amber." He placed a hand on my back, and I looked at him weirdly. Did he not have compassion? "I know my limits. It's not going to kill him. It's just a prank."

I shook my head. What he did was wrong. I didn't find it funny.

"I have nothing to say to you," I said. "I think you're going overboard."