Chapter Two

"This is our own gym, with complete equipments and full-time personal trainers," Dom, a young adult with spiky hair, the ends colored in lime green, said. "Whaddya say? That missing tooth's worth it, huh?" He nudged at one guy.

Iris agreed, her eyes taking in the huge room. All five new members were in a tour of their new living quarters, a dorm that's exclusive to Visco's World members. So far, everything they'd seen had been world-class in quality. Link constantly had his jaw slack everytime they went to check the facilities. It was a fortunate thing there were no house flies, else he'd be choking every time.

"Alright, that's all of it! If you have any questions, just ask me. I'll always be at the lobby. Except on mornings! Mornings are sacred in this dorm, alright? 7am sharp, always be at the dining room! Y'hear? Now go!"

Everyone dispersed. Iris went straight for the elevator, thinking about her new room. She wanted to be done with fixing her things as soon as possible. Just as the elevator doors were closing, a boot appeared, and Link stepped in with her.

He pushed on the 6th floor, then leaned his back on the cold steel. Iris felt him looking at her, but when she turned her head his gaze was fixed on the doors.

Link cleared his throat. Iris felt his eyes once again, "So, uh, a girl..."

Was he for real...? She could only look at him with a deadpan expression. Does he need more validation? Do I need to lift up my shirt and give him a show?

He cleared his throat once more, eyes straying back to the doors, "Uh, we have the same classes."

"Is that right."

"Yeah."

Silence. When the doors opened at her designated floor, Iris was more than glad to step out. She thought she heard a resignated sigh behind.

A door that's at the end of the hallway opened and someone stepped out. This was something she's going to have to get used to—being the only girl in a dorm full of boys. He looked up when their distance's about to close and he suddenly jumped in the air, a shrill scream coming out of him. Out of shock Iris glued herself to the side, a protective fist held up in the air. Then the door behind her opened and she stumbled in another person's room, right into someone's arms.

"What's happe—oh!" The voice above her cut off in surprise and Iris scrambled out of his arms immediately.

"Oh fuck, she's here, she's here," The boy outside muttered in panic, head held in his hands.

Iris' eyes widened. "What's he talking about? Is it a ghost? Is this floor haunted?" She hid behind the tall guy, eyes squeezed shut.

"Mark? What happened, man?" The voice above her asked in concern.

"She's here!" Mark's voice was laden with panic and anxiety.

"You're freaking us out, what the fuck are you talking about?"

Iris peeked towards Mark and their eyes met. She saw his face go up in flames and he ran away, towards the direction of the elevator. That was weird. Don't tell me, I'm the one he's talking about? Do... do all these people have a phobia on the opposite gender? She slowly straightened up and looked at the hallway in confusion.

"And off he goes. You okay?" At least this one's not afraid of me. Then she saw why. He was so tall, Iris had to crane her neck up to look him in the eye. Warm, chocolate eyes surprised her, especially when his voice had sounded so gruff and deep. A couple lock of dark brown hair escaped from his ponytail, framing his strong jaw and brushing over his broad shoulders.