Chapter Five

If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends
Make it last forever, friendship never ends
If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give
Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is~

Iris woke up in a good mood, the sound of pop music loud in her room as she washed her face. The cook pot lay empty and clean on her nightstand, wrapped in the same cloth, and she took it with her as she went out the door.

A scream rang in the hallway as soon as she went out, and Mark stood panting just before her door in the hallway, hand on his chest. "Y-You scared me..."

"When are you ever going to get used to me?" She chuckled and went her way, cook pot swaying in her hand.

Caleb's door opened and he stepped out, yawning and nodding his head in greeting. His eyes glanced at the back and shook his head in amusement at Mark. "One day, you're probably gonna die of a heart attack."

All three of them went in the elevator, with Mark fidgeting every so often. When they got to the dining room, Dom's eyes lit up, "Yo, good morning! Yo Iris, I had Spice Girls again just for you! How'd you like it?"

"I liked it," She said, cook pot swaying as she almost skipped out the elevator. "Thanks, Dom."

"That's my girl! You have fine taste!" He called behind her.

She was fourth in line and Caleb fell in behind her. "You're in a good mood."

"Hm? Ah, is it obvious?" Iris scratched her cheek. She held the cook pot up at him and explained, "I missed dinner last night, and Chief sent me some."

A look of understanding crossed his face and he chuckled, "That explains the shout last night. Thought it was Mark again."

"My voice is not that high!" Mark complained behind them. "It really isn't!"

"I didn't even say anything."

When Iris' turn came, she grinned at Chief and placed the cook pot on the table. "Thanks, Chief."

His eyes crinkled at the corners when he smiled back, "It was nothing. Here you go! Eat to your heart's content, child!"

Already used to her appetite, he was holding two plates out to her. Iris felt her heart being tugged, but in a pleasant way.

"Hey, Chief," It was Lowell, calling from the nearest table. He got such a bad case of bedhead that it stood up in all directions. He had a chicken leg in one hand and was pointing it at the cook pot, "You know the only thing missing last night? If she called that 'my preciousssss'. The way she was hunched over it—" He broke into peals of laughter, shaking his head.

He saw me? However, his mockery wasn't enough to deter her from her good mood. Caleb took his own plate and frowned at Lowell, "Just eat your food."

Lowell blinked innocently and held his hands up, a chicken leg in each hand, "What? If you saw her, you'd think the same thing!" A smirk suddenly popped on his face. "Now that I think about it, you're becoming like Gollum when it comes to Iris."

"Stop waving those chicken legs like damned fairy wands!"

Iris went ahead to get a table, leaving behind their bickering. Caleb followed soon after. She still had no idea why he always took the chance to sit with her, but he was a decent guy, and she let it be.

A plate clattered on the table and expecting Steven, Iris looked up to greet him only to find bright green eyes. Lowell sat comfortably, "So, about the deal—"

Iris cut him off. "I'm not interested."

"Don't be so quick to refuse, you haven't even heard me yet!"