Chapter Nine

Who knew that Lowell's head would end up in between Iris' thighs for the second time? So life can be kind sometimes. It would have been quite a romantic spot, might have sent his heart beating at his throat, might have sent him blushing like a school girl if it didn't feel like his head was about to be crushed into pulps.

Life was never that kind after all.

Struggling to breath, he thumped a fist down the mat, and felt the pressure disappear immediately. He sucked in air and laid down on the floor for a moment. Bested by a girl, not just once. But it was a win well-deserved, and it only left him wanting for more.

More. He felt his mouth slipping into a grin a he stared up at the white ceiling. "Again!"

"No."

He stood up and carefully rolled his neck, watching Iris gather her things from a bench. How the hell was she not even winded? He still hadn't quite gotten hold of his breath. "Next time, then."

At that she met his eyes. A hard opponent, and those blank eyes didn't make it easier. Hard to tell what's going on in that pretty head of hers. But well, he always did love a good challenge. He wasn't complaining, not one bit. She said, "Next time." And his grin widened.

She left the room not soon after, long hair trailing behind her. He wasn't the only one staring after her for a second later a voice piped up just behind him. "You must be a lucky man, even with that loss."

Lowell had forgotten that they had garnered quite a set of onlookers, and Julian wasn't one to pass up any opportunity to see his new target in motion. The blonde frowned at him, his butler faithfully standing near. "How did you get her to talk to you?"

Lowell set to working on cool down stretches. "By not being a pompous ass, that's how."

"Setting you loose reverted you back to your primitive self, I see." Julian said. "A dog can only learn so many tricks...but then again, even a dog's more domesticated than you."

Now that Lowell thought about it, he's actually glad he's not the new favorite anymore. A discarded toy, that's what he was, but that's fine. He's just ashamed that his weakness for money led him astray and straight into the hands of this insufferable ass. He smirked at him, "I'd wish you luck, but you fucking deserve drooling after something for once."

Julian's mouth twisted in annoyance and turned to leave. "Believe me, any luck's not needed. She'll come running for me when the time comes."

Must be quite a life, getting everything you want with nothing more than a quick snap of fingers. Must be one hell of a disappointment, too, when he finds out everything has a limit. Lowell would love to be present when that day comes, and he'll be there with the biggest shit-eating grin on his face.

"Is this gonna be a frequent thing? Sparring with Iris?" Colin came over when the coast was clear.

"I hope so," He said. So long as he ran with her every weekend, he could look forward to being in the black mat with her. His skin tingled in excitement and he found another grin taking hold of his face.

"Then I hope she finds some way to get that blondie out of her back—I'm having a hard time lifting whenever he's here. Makes me want to drop a hundred pound at his face every time."

"Don't be shy, I'm sure you can throw in another hundred in there." Lowell murmured.

"How I wish," Colin helped in pushing his back. "Iris' good, eh? You got an excellent partner."

"You want me to ask her for you?" Lowell asked, though the idea of someone else being a sparring partner of Iris didn't entertain him much.

He snorted, "No thanks. I'm having way too much fun watching her beat you up."