Chapter Twelve

Jungkook's thoughts swirled around inside his head. His eyes were fixed on the floor, but he did not see. The events of the past week raced through his head. Jungkook felt his cheeks heat as he recalled his experience at the coffee shop. His heart raced at the mere memory of Taehyung's hand grasping his inner thigh. Higher. Just for a second, Jungkook let himself imagine what would've happened if he hadn't fled. If, instead, he had taken Tae by the hand and led him to the single-stall bathroom in the back of the shop. If the sweat on his brow hadn't been from running home, but rather was the result of- Jungkook saw the coffee shop surrounding him. He felt the couch pressing into his back. He heard Taehyung breathing dirty, dirty things into his ear and he felt the man's large, veiny hand grip him and brush up against all the right places. Jungkook felt the same hand come up, and like a whisper on his skin, turn his head. He felt Taehyung's hot breath on his face and then Taehyung's lips on his own. At this contact, Jungkook started and was jolted from his daydream. What had been the coffee shop was now just the same old, plain, boring dorm room.

Taehyung's kiss still seemed to linger on Jungkook's lips. Too much. Too real. Jungkook's hazy mind finally came to the realization that the kiss was, in fact, real. That was really Taehyung standing so close, neck curved downwards to reach Jungkook's lips. Taehyung's enormous hands cupped Jungkook's face gently.

Shock fading, Jungkook melted into the kiss. His hands rested on Taehyung's broad chest, right at his collarbones. Jungkook's eyes fluttered closed as his lips parted, allowing the kiss to deepen. Taehyung seemed to hesitate, seemed to pull back briefly, but then took the opportunity and slipped his tongue into Jungkook's mouth. Jungkook sighed contently into the kiss as Taehyung's tongue began to brush his. To pull himself up into Taehyung, Jungkook slid his hands up behind Taehyung's neck. He pulled the man tightly, not ever wanting to let go. In response, Taehyung's hands dropped to Jungkook's back. In between Jungkook's shoulders, Taehyung's fingers curled. Jungkook let out the soft moan he'd been trying so hard to hold back.

The door to the dorm suddenly opened, and Jungkook and Taehyung sprung apart like two magnets of the same polarization. Both boys looked away and made their best attempt at appearing casual. Yoongi and Jimin stood in the doorway with twin faces of wariness. The four men stood and looked at each other for a very long time. Taehyung and Jungkook avoided each other's gaze like the plague. Yoongi and Jimin glanced at each other and burst out laughing. Jungkook flinched. What kind of nerve did it take to be so disrespectful?

The laughter died down and Yoongi and Jimin walked in and plopped onto the couch. Obviously, they had no intention of moving any time soon. Apparently, they also had no sense of privacy. Jungkook wasn't surprised, given the immense amount of things the pair was comfortable doing with other people nearby. They probably expected Jungkook and Taehyung to continue what they had begun, ignoring the presence of other people in the dorm. With a minute sigh, Jungkook shuffled towards his room.

Jungkook fell back onto his bed and stared at the ceiling, contemplating what had happened and recognizing the enormity. Taehyung had kissed him. The feelings Jungkook had harbored since high school weren't one-sided. There was a world of possibilities that had just opened up. What was once pure fantasy was now well within the realm of things that were realistic options. Jungkook felt as if a mountain had been lifted from his chest. His world felt light, airy, and full of joy. Even the suffocating clouds outside couldn't bring him down. Jungkook was sure he was grinning like an idiot.

Jungkook's bedroom door creaked open. Taehyung's head appeared in the crack. Jungkook sat up. "Come in," he said, his words slightly distorted by the wide smile that couldn't seem to fade. The door opened more and Taehyung walked in, closing the door behind him. Jungkook tried to shove down the grin unsuccessfully. Taehyung came and sat down beside Jungkook. Just as Jungkook was gaining control over his smile, he made the mistake of looking into Taehyung's eyes. His traitorous lips twisted upwards once again. Jungkook's face was beginning to ache. He really needed to stop smiling just for a second. He couldn't.

Taehyung chuckled, reaching towards Jungkook's face and running his thumb over Jungkook's plush cheek. Blood rushed into Jungkook's face. He opened his mouth to speak but found that he couldn't form words. Taehyung wrapped his arm around Jungkook's shoulder and laid back on the bed. Jungkook rested his head on Taehyung's chest. The two boys wordlessly watched the sun set. At some point, Taehyung fell asleep. The sound of his breath coaxed Jungkook into a world of dreams.