Chapter Fifteen

Jungkook jumped at the sound of his ringtone. He'd been too deep in thought to notice the world around him, and the startle from his phone filled his blood with adrenaline. The shock dulled and faded, and Jungkook reached shakily for his phone. He tapped the screen and held the device to his ear, wondering what on Earth Taehyung was going to say. Incomprehensible rambling filled his ear.
"Jungkook- I need- need your help- my roommate- he uh- he found out- he found out I'm gay and now he's gonna tell everyone- my life is ruined!"
Jungkook sucked in a deep breath.
"It's gonna be okay." He said softly. "Youngho is a pretty nice guy; I bet if you ask him he'll agree not to say anything."
"You really think so?" Taehyung said, voice shaking audibly.
"Of course." Jungkook stated definitively. "Besides, what would be so wrong with people finding out, anyways?"
Taehyung didn't respond. Jungkook could hear the hysterical boy breathing over the line, but he apparently had run out of words.
"Tae? Everything okay?" Jungkook inquired, worrying that he'd said something wrong.
"Yeah- I mean- no, not really." Taehyung's voice had a crackly quality to it, kind of like sandpaper. "I'm- uh, I'm actually okay with people finding out, just not Seokjin, Namjoon, or Hoseok. After everything that happened, they'd probably come after me if I came out publicly."
"Wait, what? Why?" Jungkook had noticed the tension between the group in the hospital room a couple days ago, and Seokjin's outright animosity hadn't escaped him, but he had no idea what had happened to split Jin and Tae apart. There had just been a shift in high school; at the end of one school year, everything was fine, but at the beginning of the next grade, everyone's relationships seemed to have changed.
"Uh, yeah, I guess you never really knew, did you?" Taehyung rasped.
"Knew what?" Jungkook was thoroughly confused.
"The summer after sophomore year, me and Seokjin kinda had a thing..." Jungkook listened intently as Taehyung recounted the whole story, from his love for Jin to his parents' bigoted mindset to that day that he ran away and didn't look back. By the time Taehyung had stopped talking, Jungkook was in tears.
"Do you still love him?"
"I did for a long time after he stopped loving me. But now? I have you now. I feel terrible about what I put Seokjin through, but I don't feel that way about him anymore. I love you."
Jungkook let out the breath he hadn't known he was holding. "I love you too, Taehyung. I love you and I'll always stay with you, no matter what. We'll get through this together."
"You have no idea how much that means to me, Kookie." Taehyung sounded close to tears. "Can I- can I come over?"
"Of course."

Jungkook rocked back and forth on his bed impatiently. As soon as he heard the knock on his door, he jumped up and dashed to greet Taehyung. He flung open the door to a wet-haired, tear streaked boy with dark bags under his eyes. Jungkook threw his arms around Taehyung's neck and pulled him into a vice-like hug. Taehyung's muscled arms wrapped around his waist and pressed their bodies together. The two men stood like that in the doorway, lost in each other's arms, for what seemed like eternity. Finally, Jungkook loosened his grip and pulled Taehyung inside by the arm. Avoiding the couch that had been desecrated time and time again by Yoongi and Jimin, Jungkook led Taehyung to his room and sat on his bed. Suddenly, a question hit him.
"Hey, Taetae?"
"Yes, babe?"
"How did Youngho even find out you were gay? Did you tell him or did he ask you or something?"
Taehyung stiffened. Jungkook looked up and saw the taller man's face flushing ever so slightly.
"Oh, uh, sorry, I guess that's still kind of a touchy subject..." Jungkook trailed off. That expression didn't really match the reaction Jungkook had expected from the "touchy subject". Why would Taehyung blush about that? It's not like Jungkook didn't know he was gay. With that thought, images began flashing through Jungkook's mind. More than just images, too. Sensations. The silky smoothness of Taehyung's lips on his own. The intensity of Taehyung's powerful hands gripping his thighs- gripping a little higher. Jungkook felt his own face flush, and it suddenly hit him. That expression. The face Taehyung was making was definitely the face Jungkook had made that first day in the coffee shop, when Taehyung had gotten a little handsy. What could Taehyung be remembering? What would make such a fearless man blush like that?
"Tae? You okay?"
"What?" Taehyung's head snapped up.
"I said, are you okay?"
"Oh, yeah. I guess."
The redness faded from Taehyung's face, although the tension didn't subside. Jungkook's gaze wandered, and that's when he noticed. Taehyung's pants. They were definitely a bit too tight around the groin. Heat flooded Jungkook's face. He couldn't tear his eyes away from the bulge in Tae's pants. Jungkook felt a hand on his shoulder, and looked up to see Taehyung looking at him with a once again red face. His other hand attempted to cover the bulge that was now growing. Neither man could seem to get out any words. Jungkook felt the air on his skin like it was a blanket, and he felt the silence in his ears like he was underwater. The only things he could see were Taehyung's piercing eyes. Tae's hand burned into his shoulder, hotter than the sun. Jungkook's body felt like it was rippling with desire. His sweatpants were accommodating, but they also revealed the encroaching hardness building up within him. Every second tightened his body more. Finally, he couldn't take it any longer.

Jungkook's lips collided messily with Taehyung's. Their kisses were hungry, desperate, even primitive. They tore at each other like wolves, while also caressing each other not delicately, but with care. Taehyung pushed Jungkook down onto his back, but hesitated. Face inches away from Jungkook's, he breathed, "Are you ready?"
"Yes."