- chapter 6 -

- chapter 6 -

It had been a few days since the incident. Daniel was not at school due to his immediate suspension and I found that I had somehow spent these past few days avoiding Louis.

At first, he had not noticed, but now, every time he entered a room his eyes searched for me in a desperate plea to be seen. But I refused to see him. What could I do? After what Cloé said, if that was even the slightest bit true then I could do nothing to make him think that I like him too...

... because then I might find that I do.

As horrible as it sounds, a part of me glows when I think of Louis, and I'm starting to think of him more and more. Somehow, despite the efforts to keep him out of my mind, I couldn't deny the fact that each time my mind wanders, it always finds some way back to him.

Even now as I am sitting at my desk trying to work, I can't help but think of him. The sad look on his face as I turn away from him haunts me, every time it is the same look of broken confusion.

But it is the right thing to do, isn't it? I can have a glow fro someone but still be in love with Daniel? Because that's exactly it, I love Daniel, not Louis. No human could love two people at the same time. It's not possible.

"Mila! A friend of yours is at the door." I heard my mum call out from downstairs, breaking me out of my scepticism.

Instantly I think about Daniel, but then I realised that my mum would have said 'Daniel' and either way he was staying with his grandparents during his suspension. His parents thought it would do him some good, but I presume that they just didn't want him hanging around the house.

Frowning I get up and jog across the hall and get half way down the stairs before I come to a halt. My house isn't very big, because only my mum and I live here, so I could see him before he sees me.

He was standing in the doorway, clad in tight black jeans and an oversized grey jumper. His curly blond hair moving in the slight breeze. I couldn't help but stare at him. Like Daniel he is a fair few inches taller than me. He is slim, muscular with an almost perfectly symmetrical face. He has French heritage giving him a certain 'beauté' and elegance. And then his eyes, they were deep and catastrophic framed by thick eyelashes and strong arched brows. He had soft cheekbones but an angular jaw, making him look cute and devilishly handsome at the same time.

"Mila!" He grinned when I moved into sight. I had to remind myself not to smile back.

"What are you doing here?" I asked slightly too aggressively.

"Oh I-" He stopped, obviously caught off guard and without words to say. "I need to talk to you." He finally said, the smile leaving his face. I nodded and waited for him to continue. "Have I done something wrong?"

"No." I shook my head, blushing slightly.

"Did I say something to offend you?" He asked. Again, I shook my head, guiltily refusing to look at him. "Then why?" He almost groaned. "Why are you avoiding me Mila?"

"I'm not... I'm sorry but I have to study for a test tomorrow. Maybe we can talk about this later?" I said, starting to close the door.

"Mila!" Louis called out as I shut the door. I leant my head against the cold wood and sighed. This is not me, I am not a mean person. I can't do this. I can't ignore him, I care about him too much.

The doorbell rang, causing me to jump. I quickly opened the door again.

"Can we talk, please?" He begged, staring at me with those big blue eyes.