- chapter 10 -

Chapter 10:

I had just kissed Louis. Twice, I think. Or does it only count as once? One kiss was better than two.

So I had kissed him once.

I stared at him in shock, his gaze mirroring my emotions. Our perfect little moment had turned into a violent and shameful memory.

How could this happen?

How did I let this happen?

Daniel filled my thoughts. I had promised him one thing: that I would never cheat on him with his best friend, and what had I just done? Cheated on him with his best friend.

Suddenly it felt like a I was chocking. Like air was refusing to enter my lungs. I grasped my chest in shock as a flash of pain went through it. My racing heart was slamming so hard against my rib cage that I was sure it would break a rib or two. I wheezed out as I doubled over, trying to breath. I felt faint and dizzy, and then...

Louis grasped hold of my failing body and air filled my lungs again.

I breathed in deeply, filling my empty lungs with precious air.

I hadn't had a panic attack in years. But this one was different: someone had been able to stop it. That has never happened before, not even my mum could help me when the symptoms arrived.

But it didn't change anything.

"That was a mistake." I said once I felt strong enough to speak. "Say it." I ordered, looking up at Louis. "Say it was a mistake."

He looked down at me, his eyes portals to his broken heart. "I can't." He admitted.

I struggled to my feet refusing his help.

"It was a mistake." I repeated through gritted teeth. "You know it was. Please, say it was a mistake." I pleaded.

"I'm sorry. I can't help that I'm falling for you Mila." He declared, his voice tearing with pain.

"How can you have fallen for me in two weeks?" I argued, refusing to let him do this to me, to us.

I was using time as an excuse, and I knew it. I also knew that time doesn't mean anything when it comes to love.

"It's an old crush coming back to haunt me."

"I'll call ghostbusters then! Louis don't you see, this can't happen. We can't do this to him." I stammered. My brain was burning, and nothing made sense to me anymore. "How did this happen?" I almost screamed, running inside the greenhouse and grabbing my coat and bag. Without putting on my coat I rushed back outside, hoping that Louis wouldn't stop me.

"Mila wait." He pleaded.

"Why would I? I have just committed the worse thing anyone could do to a person! I cheated on him, with his best friend!" I shouted, rage and sadness and love all mixing up inside of me.

Suddenly I felt like I couldn't breath anymore.

This was wrong. Everything about this was wrong on so many levels. How could I do this? I was never that person.

He changed me. Louis Spencer has changed me.

But how? We were only friends.... But that kiss. By God that kiss was amazing. It made me feel things I had never felt before. It made my whole-body hum in agreement.

No one had ever affected me like he did. He had changed me without me even realising. He had left me tying knots in strings that attached us together, without me even knowing what I was doing. The act of helping someone and growing to care for someone seemed so innocent at first. Now I fully understand how dangerous it can be.

"It was a terrible mistake." I muttered, shaking my head is disapproval. I turned to leave when I felt his touch on my wrist. It burned me either with hate or love.

"Mila wait..." Louis trailed off, obviously just as confused as I am. I looked up at him and stared into those eyes as deep as an ocean. I waited for him to say something, anything that would make this situation better. But he said nothing.

I removed his hand from me and held back my tears of fury. "Leave me alone Louis." I commanded, before turning around and leaving his beautiful face twisted in pain and his amazing heart shattered into a thousand tiny pieces. 

-_-_-_-_-_-

Oh no!

I guess you'll have to wait and see what happens!

Thanks for reading!

Love you forever and always!

Xx