- chapter 11 -

chapter 11:

Yet another sleepless night slipped by in a blur as I stared at the ceiling wondering if I could honestly go the rest of my life without kissing those lips ever again.

He was never supposed to mean this much to me. This whole situation had started out so innocently, without any predestined path that would lead to where I was now. He was just a broken boy I was trying to fix.

But even now as I tried not to, I could still taste the sin of his kiss on my lips. And it felt amazing.

That kiss that had burned so bright that it had borrowed itself deep into every empty crevice of my heart filling me with light.

But with light came darkness.

I rolled over and pressed my face deep into my pillow, trying to stop my silent tears from falling out of my swollen eyes. I knew that my darkness was refusing to admit that I might be falling in love with someone I shouldn't be falling in love with.

It was Friday and instead of doing our typical Friday tradition, we were going to a party that someone from our year was throwing at his house

It was Friday and instead of doing our typical Friday tradition, we were going to a party that someone from our year was throwing at his house. Daniel had got back the previous evening, but his suspension ended Friday at 4pm, so I hadn't seen him yet.

Does it make me a bad person to admit that I feel relieved?

I wasn't much of a party animal because I always prioritised school work. I really needed a full scholarship to get into university and you had to be the best of the best to get one of those. However, that particular evening I felt a desire to dress like a hoe. I was with Lilian and Cloé at Cloé's house. Cloé was our designated driver for the evening as she had to get up early tomorrow and wasn't going to drink. Cloé was the one who encouraged me to step outside the box with my outfit, as for once I didn't resist her. That is how I ended up wearing a tight black mini skirt and a see-through red lace, long sleeved top with a black bra visible underneath. I kept my shoes simple with black vans, but I went all out for my make-up by filling in my already thick eyebrows and adding some blinding highlighter on my cheeks.

"Daniel is going to pounce on you." Cloé winked as we stepped out of her car. I shivered at the cold air against my skin, but I felt warm inside. The guilt was eating away at me like a wildfire.

"Not only Daniel." Lilian declared as we walked into the house. The party was already in full swing, even though it was only ten pm. I followed Lilian's gaze and understood her disapproval. Standing right besides the entrance was a group of lads from the Swim Team, including Daniel and Louis. As we approached them, their conversation slowly came to a halt as they stared at us. I blushed from the attention I was getting, but my cheeks became even more red when I noticed Louis' eyes glued to me. His jaw has dropped slightly as his eye brows had raised. I refused to look at him, and turned my eyes to Daniel, who was one of the only boys still talking. As I stopped next to him, he turned around and smiled at me before looking back at his friends. Suddenly, as if he only just realised what I was wearing he did a double take and stared at me in disbelief.