-Chapter 13: Three broken hearts -

chapter 13: Three broken hearts

Louis' words echoed in my mind. They had done all afternoon, and even now as I waited for Daniel after practice, they were still haunting me.

As I waited for Daniel to finish swim practice I knew that I had to give myself one last chance. If I could push the feelings I felt for Louis away and forget about them then I would be ok. Everything would go back to normal and we would graduate the year without any major issues. I just hoped that I was strong enough to forget about him. He had done it once, so it wasn't impossible. I knew what I had to do, I had to focus on Daniel and let him make me forget about the feelings that were unleashed inside me.

Because that was all they were: feelings. It wasn't love and I wouldn't let it get there.

Suddenly I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist from behind, followed by a familiar Eau de toilette. Then two tickets appeared in front of my eyes. "Want to go with me?" Daniel grinned.

I plucked the tickets out of his hands and brought them into reading distance. They were cinema tickets for the new Han Solo movie.

"Tonight?" I asked.

"At seven. I'll buy you dinner." He offered.

"Like a date?" I smiled. We hadn't been on a proper date for ages.

"Yes." He grinned. I nodded, and he kissed my cheek. He bent down and put his hands around my waist. "I'll even buy you popcorn." He whispered sultrily in my ear.

I laughed. "Salt?"

"Anything for you." He winked, before kissing my cheek yet again.

"I have to go home first." I frowned in disappointment. "I have to help my mum with the shopping."

"No problem. Just get her to drop you off in town and I'll meet you there. We can watch the film, then I'll take you out for dinner and then drive you home. You'll be back by half ten." He winked, knowing that my curfew was eleven pm but that I liked to get home early just to make sure.

We agreed on a plan and I hurried off to meet my mum who was waiting for me, whilst he went off to see his friends.

After doing the weekly food shop my mum dropped me off in front of the cinema complex and told me to have fun.

I went inside to wait for Daniel. The air was still cold, and it was already dark.

Five minutes after seven I texted Daniel to ask him where he was. Twenty minutes after seven the film started, but he was nowhere to be seen.

I frowned and decided to call him. Eventually he picked up. The moment he spoke I knew that he was intoxicated.

"Helloooo?" He asked.

"Where are you?" I demanded, furious.

"In Adrian's hot tub." He said.

"I'm at the cinema." I told him plainly waiting for him to put two and two together.

"Oh shit! Ok don't panic I am on my way." He said, followed by the sound of water moving.

"How much have you had to drink?"

"Not much."

"How much is not much?"

"A couple of beers and one or two whiskey cokes."

"You can't drive idiot." I hear Sam call out after Daniel.

"He's right. You can't drive." I agreed.