【 ғɪᴠᴇ 】

🥦 Izuku POV 🥦

We reached the city centre, and I pulled my hood up to cover my face. People passing by just thought I was just another average Joe, going about my business. It had begun to rain, making the whole scene seem much more ominous.
"Midoriya?" All Might called from next to me.
"Huh?"
"Come on."
I nodded, slipping my hands into my pockets for warmth. My red shoes splashed against the puddles that began to litter the sidewalk as I tagged behind All Might, keeping an eye on everyone I passed. I had began to recognise certain buildings and such as we came into my neighbourhood. Dogs barked into the cold air; people rushed through the streets to take shelter from the bad weather. I huddled in on myself, beginning to grow cold. I turned my head, and noticed the one place I'd been more acquainted with than any other in my life.

The park.

I stopped, and rushed towards it. A boy sat on the bench, so I was mindful to take cover behind a bush.
"Midoriya!" All Might hissed.
I stared with wide eyes at the boy on the bench. I knew him. I would know that red hair anywhere.

Kirishima.

The gate to the park opened, and a blonde boy in a coat and beanie walked in. My heart skipped a beat.

K-Kacchan?

💥 Katsuki POV 💥

Pushing open the rusty gate, I entered the somewhat derelict park. The paint from the swingset had begun to peel, and the climbing frame had been chipped and scratched from young children trying to master their quirks. I found Kirishima sitting on the bench where Deku's mom used to sit, close to the sandbox where we played together. With a sigh, I approached him.
"What do you want?" I muttered, standing infront of him. His face kind of lit up when he saw me, and it creeped me out. I don't know why.
"Baku-" I scowled at him. "-gou. Not bro."
I smiled slightly, taking a seat next to him. The rain had made the bench wet, but it didn't bother me so much.
"So c'mon, why did you call me out here, huh?" I asked.
He paused.
"Heh, always so to-the-point..." He smiled, fiddling with the strings on his hoodie.

He was nervous.

Why was he nervous?

"The best way to be, right?" I replied.
"Y-Yeah," He stuttered, lowering his gaze. I frowned.
"What's wrong?" I asked, with genuine concern. Not the false care that I reserve for the assholes in my life.
"...I have something I want to tell you, but I fear that you'll hate me afterwards."
The rain filled the brief silence as I digested his words.
"Only one way to prove that theory," I answered. He swallowed hard, squeezing his eyes tight.
"Katsuki Bakugou, I...I think I'm in love with you."

🥦 Izuku POV 🥦

I didn't need to hear anymore. I couldn't hear anymore. I didn't hear the rest of the conversation, but the words 'I'm in love with you' rang through my ears clearly. I held back a sob as I watched Kacchan sit there, staring at Kirishima with what I could only guess was happiness.

He's forgotten about me.

"Midoriya! Get over here now!"

I turned to face All Might, my tears masked by the rain, which I was immensely grateful for. That's one less explanation I'd have to give.
"Sorry," I whispered, running back over to him. I stared at the ground as we walked on, listening to the sound of my heart crying in my ears, it's final swansong as it died in my chest.

***

💥 Katsuki POV 💥

Time stopped just then. I didn't breathe, I didn't move, I didn't think. He was my best friend, I'd never seen him as more than that. Knowing that I'd have to reject him made me question myself. The bushes rustled from the edge of the playground, but I didn't pay much attention to it.
"I've loved you for a while now, and seeing you with Izuku broke-"
"Stop," I silenced him, holding back tears, "Please, stop."
He sat silently, his eyes showing his hurt. I pushed myself off the bench, and turned to leave.
"When are you going to accept that he's dead, Katsuki?!"
I stilled, not turning around to meet his fucking gaze.
"When will you let yourself be happy again with someone other than Izuku??" He cried, his voice wavering. I remained silent.
"Do you think he'd like you to spend the rest of your life in depression?? Huh?? Do you think he-"
"Enough!" I barked, lighting my palm with a wild spark as I turned around. Even through the rain, I could see his tears falling down his cheeks.
"He's not dead!" I cried, "My Izuku wouldn't just leave me like that..."
"He didn't go by choice," He countered, "But he's still gone."
"No," I shook my head, "I won't believe that. I can't believe that. He's stronger than that."
"Wake up. I can't let you delude yourself like this...stop pushing me away-"
"Then stop trying to force your way into my head!" I yelled. I'd had enough of this bollocks already.
"I'm in love with Izuku. I always will be. I know he's not dead, and nothing you could possibly say will ever fucking change that," I finished, hurrying over to the gate of the park and fleeing before he could utter another word.

▪*:・°✧°・: *▪

Word Count: 946

Published: 17/07/2018