【 ᴇɪɢʜᴛ 】

{ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴀs ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ᴍʏ sɪsᴛᴇʀ, sᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠɪᴅᴇᴏ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇ ғᴜɴɴʏ ᴛᴏ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇʀ. ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sʏᴍʙᴏʟɪsᴇs ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛs ᴏғ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʀᴇsᴛʟᴇss sᴛᴀᴛᴇ, ᴍʏ sɪsᴛᴇʀ ᴍᴀɴᴀɢᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ sɪᴍᴘʟʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ғᴀʀᴛ sᴏᴜɴᴅʙᴏᴀʀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴜɴsᴜsᴘᴇᴄᴛɪɴɢ sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ. sᴏ ᴀɴʏ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛs ʟɪᴋᴇ "ɪᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ғᴜɴɴɪᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ____" ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ɪɢɴᴏʀᴇᴅ, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜɪs ᴏɴᴇ ɪs sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ. }

🚫 ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴠɪᴅᴇᴏ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ɪɴᴅɪᴄᴀᴛᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄᴇ 🚫

🥦 Izuku POV 🥦

It was raining the next night as I gathered with dozens of law enforcement officers and armed Police, ready to attack.

This all ends tonight, no matter the cost.

"We only have one chance at this, Midoriya my boy!"

I narrowed my gaze as I looked up at the small building that served as the villians lair. I began mumbling incoherent nonsense as I planned the best course of action. I wanted to daze the villians inside, so that the police that had the area surrounded could storm in and arrest them.

Don't play the hero when unnecessary.

My eyes widened as they settled on two speakers that ran off the side of the derelict structure, and at once I knew what I needed to do.
"All Might," I called, "we need to get Jirou down here, now."
"But-"
"We need her quirk," I pleaded, "we can do this if we have the right people."
All Might stared down at me with an unreadable expression before nodding.
"Alright, I'll send for her."
I frowned. It'll take them too long, and the League is bound to notice their hunters looming outside.
"No, I have a better idea."

❄ Todoroki POV🔥

I groaned as my cell rang loudly through my bedroom, waking me up. Snatching it off the nightstand, I accepted the call.
"This better be important," I snapped.
"Todoroki-kun!" Izuku exclaimed, "How fast can you get Jirou and meet me downtown?"
I froze, my whole body going numb as Izuku's familiar loving tone echoed through my ears.
"M-Midoriya?" I stuttered, "No, t-this is impossible!"
"I have no time to explain," Izuku urged, "but I need you right now."
I hung up the phone and leapt out of bed, throwing on any old clothes before dashing out the door.

🥦 Izuku POV 🥦

I stared at the phone resting in my palm as I sighed, hoping that Todoroki believed my words and was on his way to Jirou's. All Might watched me with curiousity, but offered a hug in support.
"Getting back into the normal swing of your life is going to be exceedingly hard-" He began, but was interrupted as a slide of ice appeared out of nowhere, and a rather tired looking Todoroki slid down, carrying Jirou in his arms.
"Todoroki-kun!" I yelled. His gaze landed on me, and he almost slipped on his own ice. He quickly set Jiro down and rushed over to me, throwing his arms around my small frame.
"Midoriya," He breathed, clutching onto my shirt like his life depended on it. I gave him a brief friendly pat before he let go, tears brimming in his multicoloured eyes.
"I'll explain everything to you later," I assured, "but for now, I need Jirou."
He nodded, calling her over.
After a quick briefing of the plan, she nodded at me and ran towards the building. Police attempted to intercept, but backed away once All Might raised his hand to show it was okay. She climbed the side of the building with ease, but stopped near the window. My phone went off, and I quickly answered.
"Change of plan," She spoke quickly, "there's a way inside from here."
"But-"
"There's a speaker system inside the bar," She explained, "trust me, your plan will still work."
She hung up, leaving me sweating bullets. It's all up to her now.

🎶 Jirou POV 🎶

I scrambled through the vent as quietly as I could, still keeping an even pace. If Izuku's logic was right, then this should be relatively simple. I soon crawled to an exit hatch, and hesitantly popped it open to assess my options. I could see the villains - well, some of them at least - and I saw the control to the speaker system. I wiggled my earphone jack across the carpeted floor carefully, and managed to wriggle it into its desired position. I sent a quick text to Izuku and sat it waiting for orders.

🥦 Izuku POV 🥦

I took a deep breath as I opened up my music app, scrolling through until I came to the desired track

I took a deep breath as I opened up my music app, scrolling through until I came to the desired track. My finger hovering above the play button, I signalled to the armed Police officers to go in on the count of three.

One.

Two.

*It would be helpful to play the music above now for the best experience 😉*

I hit the play button on my phone as I screamed "NOW NOW NOW!"
Before I knew it, the police stormed the building, and screams as well as side splitting laughter echoed through the street.  All Might looked at Me quizzically, until I showed him the name of the track.
"Seriously?" He questioned, raising his eyebrow at me. I shrugged with a sheepish smile in response.
"This was all I could think of," I defended.

Lies. You could've thought of so many different ways to complete this damned mission.

I watched as one by one villians were brought out in handcuffs, doubling over in fits of laughter. My mouth quirked into a smile every time the door to the lair opened, because the 'music' could be heard out on the street. It was very effective, I'll give it that.
"Fools!" Tomura screeched as he was dragged out of the building, "Quit your hideous laughter and attack!!"
Kurogiri walked out after Tomura was placed into the Police van, tears in his glowing eyes as he chuckled.
"Well played heros," He nodded, "well played."
After all the villians had been taken into custody, All Might asked me to go with him to the Police station to clear up the matter of me being dead. I nodded, until I heard yelling from nearby.
"Izuku Midoriya!" A reporter called out to me, "How are you still alive?"
"Where have you been?" Another questioned.
"Who's idea was it to fake your own death?"
I blinked as flashes of camera lenses blinded me.
"I-I, uhm-"
"No questions at this time," All Might spoke, shielding me from view.
He pushed me infront of him as he lead me to Tsukauchi's car. I climbed in, staring through the window at the press who barked questions into thin air like a pack of wolves howling.
"Are you okay, son?" All Might asked softly.
"What?"
"What?"
"You just called me son."
"No I didn't," He defended, "I called you Midoriya."
"Pretty sure you called me son," I grinned.
"I did not!"
"Do you see me as your child, All Might?" I continued.
"W-What? Pfft, no, I see you as a hero, nothing else.."
He sat hunched up by the car window as he sulked. I shook my head, climbing over the middle seat and throwing my arms around him.
"It's okay Dad Might, You don't need to sulk," I giggled.
He hugged me back,  grumbling something that for the life of me I couldn't decipher. It was some alien language. Tsukauchi got into the car, ruining the father-son moment.
"Ready to go?" He smiled.
"Ready as I'll ever be."

▪*:・°✧°・: *▪

Word Count: 1270

Published: 13/08/2018