【 ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ 】

🥦 Izuku POV 🥦

What do I do?

The strong storm of emotions within my mother's irises was enough to force the words "Yes, mama," from my lips. She wiped her damp cheeks with her sleeve, brushing a strand of her dark green hair behind her ear. I hated myself for promising something so ridiculous. All Might saved me, I probably really would've died if he hadn't gotten me to Recovery Girl as quickly as he did that day. I looked to the ground as my mom clung to me again, but the love in her embrace was none existent. I didn't want to be near her right now. Or ever. I gently pryed her off me and flashed a fake subtle smile.
"I need to go home," I said quietly.
"But-"
"Mom. I'm tired," I sighed, "I just really want to go home."
Even Kacchan gave me a confused glance, possibly referring to the energy I'd had earlier in the night. I tried to smile again, for him, but my lips remained neutral. I couldn't.
"O-Okay," My mom replied, "Here."
She handed me our door key, pressing it firmly into the palm of my hand. I nodded in thanks before turning and fleeing the surburban Bakugou household. I barely got three steps out of the door before a warm hand wrapped itself around my wrist, pulling me back into a warm embrace. I blinked a few times as Kacchan cuddled me, nuzzling his face into my messy hair.
"K-Kacchan?"
"Stop thinking so loud, fucks sake it's driving me insane," He mumbled. I smiled slightly, all previous events forgotten as I allowed myself to take comfort in my boyfriends arms. We stood on his doorstep for what seemed like a lifetime, before he spoke few words that I never thought I'd hear him say.
"What happened in there was intense, and I know it's got you questioning yourself," He began, running his fingers through my hair with vague interest, "but don't. What All Might did was pretty shitty, but I also have to give him a lot of credit. You wouldn't be mine without him. I want you to know that whatever you decide, or whatever you have to do, I'll always be here, standing by your side. Why, I hear you ask?"
He kissed my forehead, smiling softly as his ruby eyes gazed into mine.
"Because I love you, Izuku."
I opened my mouth to reply, but the words died on my tongue. Fresh tears welled in my eyes as I stared up at him, my heart swelling in my chest.
"I-I love you too, Katsuki," I giggled, wiping my tears on his shirt as I hugged him. I listened to the steady beating of his heart as he swayed slightly, the moment seeming almost surreal.
"C'mon Deku," He spoke after a while, nudging me, "Let's get you home."
I followed closely behind the blonde as he walked, his hand clasped tightly over mine.
It's funny really, how such tragedy can bring two people closer together. After everything we've been through, we came out okay. He didn't replace me, he didn't want to...he's only ever wanted me. I can't even begin to express my happiness about that. I smiled down at our joined hands, swaying them back and forth childishly as we walked.
Turns out he needed me just as much as I needed him....

And I'll never let him go again.

▪*:・°✧°・: *▪

Word Count: 548

Published: 21/08/2018

- END -