Chapter 3: Holding On and Letting Go

There was only one thing that had always been there for Colette in all the centuries she had been alive. It moved her in ways that she could never fully explain to people, but they could feel it through her work. Even when she worked only with what nature provided, art had been what had got her through all the dark times in her life. And there were plenty.

And it was also a great way to clear her mind and see what was happening to her and around her by seeing what her final result was when she was done painting. It was like Davina with her drawings. She would often draw out who was responsible for using their magic. In the same way, Colette painted to get that clear picture. That was until she was disturbed by things such as her cell phone ringing. Colette groaned as she hit answer and put it on speaker so she could continue her work, "I'm not some puppy who comes when called, Mr. Mikaelson."

"Well it's that or I kill Sophie. Your choice."

She sighed, "You hurt her, you hurt your baby's mother. You hurt Hayley and everything will crumble around you. And I much prefer to have a 'please' before someone asks me to do anything."

"Well, then would you please hurry up and come to the house?"

"I'll be over soon," she told him. "Just give me a bit to clean up unless you want your beautiful rugs covered in oil paint. Believe me, it is a nuisance to clean when it is over every surface in your house."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"You two are nuts," Colette leaned back into the choice, arms crossed.

"Seriously," Sophie agreed. "Are you out of your mind? No way."

Rebekah paced in front of them. "It's very simple. We need you to perform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find our brother."

"Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, and they get killed," Sophie explained, looking at Colette to her left. "Even under Colette's orders, it can be trouble."

Colette threw up her hands. "Excuse me for telling your sister to hold off on this neurotic plan."

Klaus walked over to a chair opposite the girls, taking a seat. "Yes, about that. It seems you left out a crucial detail when we made our deal—Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is using magic. Colette, why didn't you tell us about Davina?"

"Yes," she leaned forward. "Because I'm going to tell the most bloodthirsty, witch hating vampires in the world that my last living descendant is working for my friend. Especially when I'm working with the witches that tried to hurt her in the first place."

"Davina? Where have you seen her?" Sophie asked.

"Why doesn't Colette tell us?" Klaus motioned for her to speak. Colette held her tongue, wanting to whack Sophie's head clean off for the desperate look in her eye. She understood why she of all people would want to see Davina. But if she went with the Plan A that the witch community wanted instead of another, then she would have to find some way to end her or the witches. But Hayley and Davina's safety came first. So no injuring the witch.

Colette cocked her head to the side with a sarcastic smile. "I have no clue anymore. Marcel wiped my memory because I was spending a little too much time with your family. Rebekah's said she's seen her. Maybe she can tell me where she is."

"I don't know. The little brat erased my memory right after she threw me out a window with her bloody mind." Rebekah answered, earning a raised brow from Colette.

"Let me cut to the chase," Klaus told them. "Davina has Elijah. You and your witches, I assume, want to get Davina away from Marcel. We don't know where she is. Ergo, we need magic."