Chapter 6: Unlinking

I was angry with my friend;

I told my wrath, my wrath did end.

I was angry with my foe:

I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I waterd it in fears,

Night & morning with my tears:

And I sunned it with smiles,

And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night.

Till it bore an apple bright.

And my foe beheld it shine,

And he knew that it was mine.

And into my garden stole,

When the night had veild the pole;

In the morning glad I see;

My foe outstretched beneath the tree.

Colette tried to turn the knob on the front door of the Mikaelson Mansion, only to find it locked. They knew full well she'd be coming and it wasn't like just anyone could come in. Her hand hovered over the door and she thought of the spell in her mind, aperi portam. A small click confirmed that it had worked and she twisted it once more, the door now opening with ease.

She stepped inside, hearing the siblings bickering in a room towards the back. Closing the door behind her, making sure to keep it unlocked in case they questioned how she got in, she strode towards the sounds of classical music and Rebekah stomping off.

Finding Klaus sitting by his lonesome, Colette stopped just by the arm of the couch on the opposite side. The smell of blood hit her like a freight train, finding it staining a beautiful carpet with an even more beautiful woman as the source of it, "Well that's a shame. I had one just like this."

"The woman or the carpet? What are you doing here?" Klaus questioned her, finally looking up from his book. "And how did you get in here?"

"The carpet, though I've been with women as lovely as her before," she answered. "I've come to make sure Elijah holds up his end of the deal. And your front door was unlocked. Now, where's your brother? The sooner we finish doing what needs to be done, the sooner I can get back to..."

"Playing lackey to Marcel?" he smirked.

"To getting Davina somewhere safe. Maybe try and talk Marcel into a vacation. I haven't left the city in centuries. I'd love to go back to Valencia for a bit to paint."

"You're an artist?" he asked.

She smiled, "Don't sound so surprised. I thought I told you about it. Or were you too busy planning taking over the world to hear me?"

"I'll take New Orleans first," said Klaus. "Rebekah, where's Elijah?"

Colette turned around as the youngest Mikaelson came in, "The kitchen with Hayley. Colette," she pointed to the body. "Do you mind?"