Chapter 14: Family Tragedy

Hours. She had spent hours since the attack at the plantation trying any locator spell she could to find Klaus and Rebekah. Whatever Sabine had done to hide them away she was doing a great job with it. But Colette was just as, if not more, powerful than the witch and her friends. If anyone could find them using magic, it would be her. All she needed was some peace and quiet.

"Hey, am I taking orders from you now, or are we in this together?" Marcel asked Elijah as they came walking in through the door, Elijah removing his jacket. So much for the quiet she needed.

"Colette, I need you to stop right now," he ordered her. "Pen and paper, Marcellus. Now!"

She looked up from her map, coming out from behind it as the boys moved closer to the balcony, not going out to it. Marcel sighed. "I want her back just as much as you do, you know... The both of them."

Marcel went to go and fetched what was asked of him. Colette cocked her head to the side. "What is going o-" she paused as Elijah started to unbutton his shirt. The heat rose in her cheeks and she looked up toward the ceiling, not daring to look.

"Hayley!" Elijah called.

"Elijah! You're back. Did you find any–" Hayley stopped by Colette's side, her heart beating almost as fast as Colette's was "–thing? What is happening?"

Elijah replied, "Since Colette has taken great interest in the ceiling, I need you to make a list of these names."

At the comment, she finally drew her eyes back down as Hayley went to Elijah's side. The eldest Mikaelson was now covered in tattoos, names. Colette went to take a closer look. His body was now covered in women's names. Some of them she recognized, others she didn't. All of them, she guessed, were witches when Hayley lifted up his arm. Sabine's name was on his wrist. "Sabine? Elijah, what is this?"

"I believe they represent the names of the women Celeste inhabited for the past two centuries," Elijah guessed.

Marcel handed Hayley the pen and paper, letting her get to work.

"This is a Devinette," said Colette. "My mother used these on my siblings to teach them, a game. Figure out what everything was that appeared and it would disappear. I was actually quite good at solving them before they did."

"Why is she doing it?" Hayley asked her. "What's the point?"

"Celeste forced me to make a choice between yourself and my siblings, and now she means to mock that choice, taunting me with a childish game. The longer the game, the more they suffer. To find Klaus and Rebekah, we need to solve this riddle. The solution lies somewhere in these names." Elijah looked over the tattoos on his body.

Marcel pointed to his arm. "The name next to Sabine... Annie La Fleur, she's the witch that was shunned from her coven just over a year ago. Never knew why, but I can find out."

Colette nodded. "I remember her vaguely. I had flowers delivered to her, anonymously of course. I have the address somewhere in my records. Let me go take a look."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

It didn't long for them to find one of Annie's old friends as they visited where she lived after she was shunned. Colette had stopped by a few times, keeping her distance as she didn't want to startle the young witch at such a vulnerable time. Now, she wished she had. Maybe she could've prevented her death. Her friend continued, "Annie was a good girl, the witches did her wrong shunning her like that; claiming she was doing dark magic; there's no way but they had proof. So she just quit and I can't really blame her for that cause once you've been shunned what's the point in going on, you know?"