VI. Maybe

°°°

Jungkook's p.o.v.

After I was done bludgeoning his last finger with my trusty hammer I tore away the tape from the man's mouth.

"Still nothing?" I asked the man tied to the chair in front of me.

His voice box was already probably ripped to shreds with the amount he had screamed throughout our little session so I was pretty sure there wasn't anything much he could tell me, and I also knew that he didn't have any real information. He was just a naïve messenger in this whole ordeal, but hey, that didn't mean I couldn't have my fun with him.

"Don't..know..please.." He managed to croak out and to be honest, I was quite impressed.

I smiled, patting his cheek, theatrically

'Jungkook! Can you hear me?'

I turned around, confused for a second before realizing it was Taehyung in my head.

I was in the middle of questioning a few men who had leaked information about our gang. I grabbed and pulled out the knife I had hammered into one guy's thigh, making him yell out in pain.

"Give me a second, I got a hot date I have to talk to." I told him, wiping off the blood from the knife onto his shirt. He coughed weakly and slumped in his chair.

"Behave." I said to the others who were tied up, pointing the knife at them with a threatening smile.

Then I proceeded to leave the basement of the abandoned building, stepping outside where there was only grasslands for miles.

I closed my eyes, concentrating on sending my thoughts to the blond.

'Yeah, I can hear you. What's up?'

'I need to see you. Right now. It's important.'

Jungkook chuckled. 'It sounds like you're trying to break up with me for that Bogum dude.

You know, to do that we'd have to be in a relationship first."

I heard him take in a sharp breath, but he didn't say anything.

'Did something happen?' I asked him, a little more concerned.

'No. no, it's just. You just said something that you had said to me before-' He stopped. 'nevermind forget it.'

I furrowed my eyebrows, not understanding him. 'You're rambling, Tae.'

He sighed. 'I know. I'm sorry.'

I had no idea why he sounded heartbroken all of a sudden.

'Can you please make time for us to meet?'

I clicked my tongue, thinking about the packed schedule I had for the week.

'It might be difficult, but I'll try my best.'

'Thank you, Jungkook.'

I cleared my throat, trying to ask him what I was trying to for so long.

'How was the mission by the way? You didn't answer any of my calls after that last one.

I hope you didn't find yourself in any trouble.'

I waited for his reply, every tenth of a second feeling too long.

'I'll tell you when we meet.'