XI. Allies

°°°

Jungkook's p.o.v.

I stopped the motorcycle a few meters away from the house Taehyung and the other two angels were living in, knowing that the archangel wouldn't like if he saw me with the blond.

Taehyung got off the bike, taking off his helmet.
"Thanks for the ride."

I gave him a nod. "Don't mention it."

He looked towards the house before turning back towards me.

There was something about the way he looked, like he was dreading what he might find out about the archangel, but most of all what seemed to stand out to me was how defeated he looked.

The thing that confused me was that even though I knew that I was one of the reasons causing his fatigue, I couldn't help but feel guilty for it.

"I guess I'd better work on figuring out if what that demon said was true or not." He said, with a tired laugh, no doubt wanting to brush it off like it was nothing.

I know I should've just said bye and got on my way by now, but for some reason, my feet seemed rooted to the ground.

"If-" I started, unable to help myself.

Taehyung looked at me expectantly. "Yes?"

"If you want me to stay away from you I understand. I didn't think I would actually cause a taint-" I stopped midway shocked at what I was saying.

It was almost as if something had come over me.

Why in the world was I apologizing for something I was so fruitlessly trying to attain for so long?

Seeing that taint on his hand, I finally knew that I was affecting him, that the odds were shifting in my favor.

So why wasn't I feeling like I was winning? Why was I beginning to wish I never caused that taint?

Taehyung tilted his head, like he was studying me.

"You're like a whole different person and the same all at once." He said like he was trying to make sense of it himself.

"-You start off seeming heartless and cold, and this time I wanted to believe it, because then it would be so much easier for me to hate you and demons, and all the suffering they seem to cause.

But the more I learn, I see that it's not that simple.

And I don't know what to believe anymore."

I took in what he said in silence, trying to understand what that meant -what he was trying to say.

"-My whole life I've been told what others thought I needed to know, and more that one, I've been molded into what others have required me to be, even now I feel like there's so much I've not been told.

I see that my perception has been manipulated.

I'm not saying everything I've been told is wrong, but I know that not everything is true either."