XXII. Dreams

A/N: I'm a bit rusty because I needed a break, but I'll get back to getting this baby alive and well again.

P.S. Stream 'scenery'.
°°°

Jungkook's p.o.v.

Mirrors.

All around me.

Everywhere.

That's the only thing I could make out of the vague dream I was having.

It was a world of blues and violets fading far and wide to dark. The sand under my feet was also a mix of the same blue-violet shades, and out of it grew shards of mirrors, all different shapes and sizes.

I walked the sandy grounds, trying to understand this new world of my subconscious.

Most of my nightmares had a purpose, mostly of instilling or reviving fear within myself, but something about this seemed different, and yet vaguely similar.

For some time there was nothing more than the sounds of sang grains crunching underneath my boots, and glass like echoes of winds blowing past the mirrors that were uprooting this strange ground like trees.

I stopped for a minute when I thought I heard something from another side. The same sounds of crushing sand, like someone else was in here with me.

I peered around in every direction, the multiple images of myself not making the task any easier.

That is, until I saw a new reflection - bright red hair, a tall figure, facing away from me.

"Taehyung."

I spoke his name before I could stop myself and had him turning towards me.

"Jungkook?"

He sounded confused. Which was weird, because why would a figment of my imagination be confused to see me...unless of course, it wasn't.

"Am I dreaming?" He said aloud, looking down at his hands.

We both were, I figured.

We were sharing a dream. Sharing this space of the strange land we walked on, our minds somehow linking us time and time again through different ways.

"I'm sorry." He said softly, taking in a deep breath like this was something that was on his mind for quite some time. "I want you to know that I don't blame you for me falling. You were right about this being my fault."

I looked away. "I just don't want to be the reason you lose everything."

He looked like he was about to say something, but the sound of a loud cracking stopped him, drawing both our attentions.

I turned to see shard like mirrors sprouting out of the ground one by one, haphazardly, breaking the ground beneath it as it was heading towards us.

Shit.

"Jungkook, run!" I heard him yell as he began running himself.