XVII. Crystal

°°°

Jungkook's p.o.v.

I squinted and turned away from the sunlight that fell on my eyes waking me up from my sleep.

The morning light had the dark under my eyelids turn red instead, only adding to my discomfort and chasing away the last strands of my desire to fall back asleep.

I shifted lethargically, my whole body feeling numb and heavy like I was recovering from an illness, and I had no idea why.

Groaning, I managed to sit up on the bed, making the soft covers fall off my chest and onto the mattress.

As I stood up, stumbling back a little on my feet, almost feeling drugged, I noticed a dull pounding at the back of my head, which I recognised as a sign of an impending headache, and that was just great.

I sighed in defeat, taking off my shirt to make my way to the shower, the slight ache in my muscles wanting nothing more than a nice, hot bath.

I picked up the towel that was on the chair, slinging it over my shoulder and running my fingers through my tousled hair, trying to tame the bed-head I had woken up with.

"Oh- you're awake."

I turned around to see Taehyung at my bedroom door, his eyes regarding me with concern, before momentarily dropping to my torso but then quickly fixing his gaze on my face.

He cleared his throat. "Are you feeling better?"

I couldn't stop myself from smirking a little, amused at his reaction.

"Actually," I reached my hand to the back of my neck, massaging it, knowing full well that the action flexed the muscles in my arm and my abs. "My whole body seems really stiff."

He nodded, eyes darting to my arm for a split-second second, before regaining focus.

"Y-Yeah- about that. I think our true forms will be coming to the fore-front soon.

With none of the archangels present to keep order of what is visible in the mortal world the scales have tipped.

It's going to be absolute madness. There's nothing we can do about it. I tried meeting up with a few angels and talking to them about it.

It seems that the gates of heaven have been closed for us angels as well after the betrayal. It's a complete lockdown."

That sobered me up.

"So that's what he was talking about." I concluded, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Who was?" Taehyung asked.

"Onew. He told me something about me turning into the demon that I am."

I saw Taehyung clench his fists at the name of the archangel, eyes darkening with hatred.

"I bet he's having the time of his life with the chaos he has caused. The traitor. I don't know how he stands himself." Taehyung said with a humour-less laugh.