Six

Peter huffed and tapped his foot against the floor. Meeting with the rest of the Avengers was not on top of the list Peter had wanted to do today. But apparently everything was out of his hands. It was either meet the Avengers or take a break from being Spiderman.

Peter wondered if Steve had made that rule. The thought just made him even more angry.

"Spiderman! Glad you could make it." Tony walked into the room with a smile playing on his lips. Peter could see through the mask though. The man wasn't too pleased about this idea either.

"Didn't have much of a choice." Spiderman mumbled, walking towards the older man. "Are the others here yet?"
Tony shook his head and grabbed Peter's hand. "In a few minutes, I wanted to talk to you first."

"Let's talk then." And the teen knew he was being difficult. But it was hard not to considering that Captain America thought he owned Spiderman.

Tony sighed, "I'm sorry, it's either this or risk getting you hurt. Steve won't stop when he's dead set on something."
Immediately when Peter saw the tired lines on his lovers face he felt horrible. He didn't think for a second what this would do to Tony.

"Hey, it's alright." Peter squeezed Tony's hand. "It's not your fault. This was going to happen one day right? Might as well be sooner than later."

Tony gave Peter a grateful smile and they quickly broke away once the door to the room opened.
Out came Falcon, Black Widow, and Captain America. Peter was surprised when there wasn't anymore people.

"We didn't want to overwhelm you." Black Widow explained as if she read the teenagers mind.
Spiderman gave them a curt nod and sat down at the seat that was closest to Tony.

The mask around his face felt heavy.

"So Spiderman, I would like to say that while we're grateful that you've been protecting New York, it's not needed anymore." Steve began.

"What the fuck?" Came out of Peter's mouth.
Steve cleared his throat looking uncomfortable. "We would like you too at least. Too much hero's in one place might cause the people to panic."

Peter suddenly found it funny how it was only him and Tony sitting down. It was almost like the two were being scolded for eating cookies before dinner.

"Yeah no, not happening." Peter shook his head.
"I understand this might-" Steve got cut off when Peter slammed his hand down on the table.

"I said not happening. You might've been here before me. But I was here when you left. People trust Spiderman. I'm not taking away their hero." Peter spoke harshly.

Tony laid a hand on the teen's thigh and Peter reminded himself to take deep breaths.
"Sorry to disappoint. I got to go now." Spiderman stood up.

"With all due respect-" Natasha began.
"Yeah no, if this was about respecting one another you wouldn't tell me that Spiderman isn't needed. Try another time yeah?" And Peter pushed his way out of the room.

He heard feet running after him but didn't stop until he was outside of the compound.
"You know you probably just ended your chances of becoming an Avenger right?" Tony asked jokingly.

Peter rolled his eyes, "Well I'm glad I don't have to work with those pricks. I feel bad for you."
Tony hummed and grabbed Peter's wrist, "Let's do something? Just you and me?"

"What did you have in mind?" The teen flirted.
Tony smiled and chuckled, "Oh you know, dinner maybe a movie?"

"Wine and  dining me are you Mr. Stark?"
"You deserve it, after today. Plus I haven't exactly made it up to you. From the other day." Tony replied.

"Lead the way."

I told you I was mean
Elle King