Twelve

Peter clung to Tony as he laid his head on the man's chest. Their breathing inlined with the other. The adult felt content to just lay in bed all day with Tony. Have a relaxing day.

But work had to be done.

So with a heavy sigh, Tony kissed Peter on the top of his head and made his way out of the bed. Cold filled in the space from where the man was as Peter shivered at the loss of body heat.

The doe-eyed adult sat up and rubbed his eyes as he watched Tony's naked backside made its view. The older man slipped on a pair of briefs and made his way to the bathroom.

Pete yawned and followed his lover without putting on any clothes. He wrapped his arms around Tony's waist and dug his head into the man's neck.

Tony laughed and held one of Peter's hands as he brushed his teeth. "Bored without me?" Tony asked with a smile as he finished up.

The younger male just hummed and pulled him in for a kiss. Peter pulled away wrinkling his nose, "You taste like mint."

"And you taste like morning breath." Tony shot back placing another kiss on his lover's lips.
Peter giggled and playfully pushed Tony away. "Go take a shower. You stink."

Tony wrinkled his nose, "Is that right? Well maybe I'll just-" The older man induffled his boyfriend in a hug holding on tightly.

Peter let out a shriek with a smile playing at his lips. "Go shower! I'll start on breakfast."
Tony grinned and pressed a quick kiss to Peter's cheek before letting him go.

The older man watched as his lover left the bathroom. An ache filled his chest as he glanced in the mirror. He wondered when it'll be time to ask Peter the question. Because Tony did truly love him, and spending the rest of his life with him.

That would be everything.

After a quick shower and a wardrobe change, Tony made his way to the kitchen.
"Remeber that you have a meeting with Pepper." Peter told him as Tony sat down on the counter.

"Of course." Tony nodded.
"And that repairs you promised Steve." Pete added.

"Right."
"Also, you have- are you paying attention?" Peter cut himself off as he handed Tony his coffee.

"I am." Tony smiled.
Peter rolled his eyes playfully, "Not me! Trust me if you don't play up, they'll be mad."

"They're always mad at me for some reason." Tony scoffed, drinking from the mug.
"Right, anyways I have class this morning. I'll see you for lunch." Peter sat a plate of food next to Tony and gave him a slow meaningful kiss before he left.

Tony sighed as he stared after Peter.
In a few weeks, they would have been together for two years. Tony was wondering if it'll be too cliche to propose on their anniversary.

Then again, Peter loved cliche. And Tony was too tangled in the younger man's webs to get out. The man found that he didn't mind too much.

They were both infatuated with each other to care about anything else. They were like that from the beginning. And hopefully to the end as well.

Tony laughed and started to check his emails as he ate the breakfast that Peter made him.
Decisions, decisions.

Counting Stars
One Republic