Ten

Peter remembered the first time he had spent the night at Tony's. Everything feeling bubbly and light. The happiness that he felt in that moment of the feeling of being wanted. It was like a high that he never wanted to get rid of.

The man's love was addictive and Peter could never get enough of it. He never wanted the man to go far from him. Had wanted to hang onto Tony like a lifeline. A wire that was unbreakable. But, by putting people on top of a peddle so high, so far above you. It would certainly end in disaster.

The teen had forgotten about that one simple rule of love. And it burned him. That's why he did nothing when the man pulled away from him. He was never the one to fight when someone wanted to leave. And Peter hated that he wasn't the type of person to do so. But he could only take so much before he too fell.

From the height where Tony had placed him as well. How could one be afraid of heights when the people who love you, place you so high up from the ground. Never wanted you to touch the earth because that would mean that you are just like them. Flaws and all.

And how could you be afraid of falling, while knowing that the ones who put you in the sky. Will do everything to make sure you stay there. It was a never ending chain of questions, that would never be answered. Because some questions didn't have answers. And some answers don't have questioned. They just exist.

So Peter sat, perched on top of a roof looking at the skyline. Staring at all the bright lights. Listening to the noises that cars or people were making. A late night patrol.

The cool night air made it seem like the hero was the loneliest of all tonight. With everyone busy, no one the talk to tonight. It did feel like a breakup when Peter thought about. Because no matter what he thinks about, it always goes back to Tony.

Peter sighed and looked down. Falling was such a waste. You only have one way to go. With everything in your body fighting to keep you from falling. To your death or to touch the ground, that depended on your situation.

Like playing a game with death, or playing one where the floor is lava.

Sharp loud noises interrupted the teen's thoughts. Peter knew that similar feeling of having him near. Behind him, the immediate relief of having him so close. Because now he could be touched. Without scaring anything off.

Tony sat down next to his boyfriend with a blank expression. They stayed silent for a good amount of time. Drowning in the thoughts. Sending side glances at one another. Wishing to know what the other was thinking about.

"I'm sorry." Tony broke it first.
"It's okay." Peter answered still looking off into the distance.

"I should've, done something else. I should've have let that happen. I wish, I don't know." The man took his young lovers hand into his own.

"It's alright. I understand." The teen replied, squeezing the man's hand tight. It was so easy to forgive him. He made it so easy to forget.

"You deserve better." Tony whispered looking down.
Peter took Tony's face into his hands and looked at him with such a gentle expression that the older man only felt more guilt sweep through him.

The brown doe eyed teen place a sweet kiss on the man's lips. Their hands clinging together as they melted into the warmth of their bodies. Never wanting to let the other go, as they placed each other higher up into space.

They loved like the other was a god. And worshiped like they were different.

Hell Nos and Headphones
Hailee Steinfeld