Chapter Sixteen: Childs Play

Alessandra

"He told me I'm going to New York with him in two weeks." I started out as we were placing plates and utensils out on a few tables. All of them covered in super hero's that Erin liked. Balloons, streamers and banners filled the room in bright colours of the party hall.

My idea of a kids party was a bouncy house and fun in the pool. A cake I made and food Erin loved.

Nathaniel's idea of a kids party was renting out an amusement park for the day. A little excessive I thought but worth it to see Erin's brighter than the sun smile and excitement once we arrived with all his friends and families waiting before the gates. I don't think I'll ever forget that face and how tightly he hug Nathaniel for his birthday.

Now the two were out riding all the rides. Never thought how much of a kid he could turn into himself with his brother not short behind. They were horrible I'll tell you that. It was like they were already on sugar highs of excitement.

"What!" Lexi gasped pulling me from my thoughts as I put the last plate down, resting a hand on my hip as I regarded her from across the room.

"Ya but it's only for a business meeting apparently." I grumbled feeling now of a annoyance to him now that I had to go with him after what happened three nights ago. Nathaniel wouldn't let me go anywhere without him and when he wasn't my guards had triple now. All of them surrounding the inside of the party room as if I were a celebrity at a raging concert.

"And conveniently the same time as Valentines too." She winked, narrowing my eyes on her.

"What does Valentine's have to do with anything? It's business only as he had said and Drake is coming as well." I informed seeing that she already knew.

"Technically only for two days is what he told me. He is only there for one meeting with Prince Harper and then to see his father. Other than that he's coming straight back and he says he has a whole weekend planned just for us." She said with a glint of pleasure in her eyes. "I'm picturing candles filling a room for dinner. Soft music in the background. And then a nice bed for us under the stars to show how much he loves me." She sighed rolling my eyes at exactly what she was referring too. But then what she declared suddenly struck me.

"Wait, has he told you he loves you?" Seeing her face light up as she slowly walked towards me handing over the extras.

"He did on new years. It was so cute Sandra. He is like, ridiculously romantic and would never believe the things he says to me or does." Wiggling her eyebrows making a gross face too her. "We were in the city at this nice penthouse watching the fireworks when at on point it paused turning to me and said that his love for me could never go out like the stars above. Isn't that fucking romantic. I was on cloud nine and instantly said I loved him just as much and it was the most amazing kiss ever right when one last firework went into the air that felt just like my heart was about to explode." She explained happily with my jaw basically on the floor.

"You really love him?" Hoping she didn't just say it to say something even though that shit sounded beautiful, I was envious. There relationship blooming happily without the strings of the past to flourish together in the future.

"I do. He is just so much I never realised I wanted. I don't know how to describe it but, I just feel like we are two puzzle pieces that just fit together. You know, it just feels right. You understand what I mean." She waved off. "Hasn't Nate declared his undying love for you?" Casting my eyes to the floor. Her question suddenly bothering me pushing the thought away instantly raising my head to her confused green eyes.

"It's complicated." I simply stated because everything about Nathaniel and I where just that. Complicating.

"What do you mean it's complicated? You guys are the perfect power couple once you become a superstar! You won't ever have to worry about paying for a hotel on tour! He'll be able to always see you or go to you when he wants because he can do what he wants and still make millions!" She protested following me as I headed out the door in hopes of finding everyone for lunch.