t h r e e

Kennedy Simmons.

"Kennedy Simmons to the guidance office please. Once again, Kennedy Simmons to the guidance office." An older lady over the intercom spoke. My face scrunched up. I never been called down to the guidance. My grades were on point, and I stayed out of trouble so this was unusual to me.

"Ohhhhhhh!" A few classmates yelled laughing a bit.

"Damn Ken, you in trouble?" Lee asked me.

"Sis, I don't even know." I shrugged getting up gathering all my things. I walked out of class going towards the guidance. My phone vibrated in my jacket pocket. I pulled it out seeing I had a message from my other bestfriend Paris.

BestieB🤯💜: Come over later😭. KJ misses his auntie😩.

Me: Does he miss me? Or you miss me?😂😂😂😂

BestieB🤯💜: Me I miss you😂😂. I'm pretty sure he does too!

Me: Well, I gotta see. Mama want me to work today🙄.

BestieB🤯💜: Ok, lmk!😘

Before I could even text her back, I bumped into someone dropping my phone. "What the freak!" I snapped. Just from that, you knew I wasn't much of a cusser. If that's even a word.

"Shit, my bad." A deep voice spoke. I looked up and rolled my eyes noticing it was Jace from Zone 6. I really didn't like him. He just made me sick.

Jace was the one who introduced Kentrell into the fast life. Him and Kentrell would rob stores together and whatnot. He was just a bad influence on Kentrell. But Jace went to jail and Kentrell still continued doing horrible things.

"Mhmmm." I picked up my phone and walked around him. I went into the office and signed my name in on the sign in sheet.

Within 1 minute later, Mrs.Jackson called me in her office. I sat down and sat my backpack in the chair next to me.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked.

"No." Mrs.Jackson chuckled.

"So why am I here? My grades are good, my attendance is good, and I'm not in any trouble."

"Well, you're here because I was looking for a tutor for a certain student." She started off. "I was going through your files and realized you don't have that many community service hours. Even though they aren't a graduation requirement, they do look good on college applications and most colleges have them as requirements."

"Umm, Mrs.Jackson I don't know about that." I said sighing.

"Kennedy, let me ask you something."

"Okay."

"What do you wanna be when you grow up?" She asked.

"I really wanna be pediatrician but if that doesn't work out I wanna be an esthetician or dermatologist." I told her.

"And do you know what college you wanna go to?" She asked.