f o u r

Kennedy Simmons.

"If this child doesn't hurry up

"If this child doesn't hurry up." I mumbled to myself. I tapped my pen against my book as I waited. I sighed looking at my watch and it read 4:03. I was sitting in this library for an hour and a half waiting on whoever I'm supposed to be tutoring.

"Sorry I'm late." I looked up seeing Jace. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm tutoring you?" I questioned with a stank look on my face.

"You can lose the attitude forreal ma." He said sitting down. "And obviously If I said sorry I'm late."

I rolled my eyes opening my book, "Anyways, what subject do you wanna start on first?"

"It don't matter. I just need you to make it quick. I gotta be at work at 5."

"That seems like a personal problem." I mumbled.

He sucked his teeth, "Man, what's yo issue wit me?"

"You know my issue with you." I responded.

He sucked his teeth once again, "Man, I ain't have shit to do with yo brother getting killed. I was in jail when he died."

"Yeah, but you were the one who introduced him to that lifestyle."

"Just because I introduced him, that don't mean he had to stick with it. It was his decision to live that lifestyle." He said.

"Mhmm." I mumbled.

"Man I gotta go. You tripping." He stood up grabbing his backpack and leaving out the library.

"Girl!" I exclaimed sitting on my bestfriend Paris' couch.

"Wassup." Paris said smiling with my nephew KJ in her hands.