Prologue

1.**

I'm woken by a Ringing alarm.

Ringing alarm? Since when does my alarm ring? I always wake up at sunrise. The only alarm I have is the one that reminds me to leave the house if I'm late. But I can't be late its only, I turn my head and slowly open my eyes, 8:15! I jump out of bed, my head starts to spin so I immediately stop my fast movements. Migraine. What happened last night? A million things swarm into my mind but I push them all to the back focusing on the most important one which is that I Need To Get To Work! Firstly I need a shower, I reek of stale alcohol and sweat. A nice hot shower with my favourite shampoo will do the trick.

I step out the shower and wipe the steam off the bathroom mirror, I put some eyeliner on to exaggerate my dark greenish bluish eyes then brush my unruly red hair into a pony. I stare into the mirror, hating how loud my red hair is in contrast to my slightly pale skin. Realising that I wasted time looking at myself in the mirror I dress quickly in skinny jeans and a tank top. I work at the local newspaper as an investigative journalist so casual is my work attire.

I move onto the next thing on my mental list of things to do which is Coffee, I need coffee. After downing a whole cup in record time I head for the door with my papers on the Mcguire article in hand. I start the car and check the time on the dashboard 8:30,I mentally give myself a pat on the back while reversing,15 minutes is a record for me. I quickly maneuver my red convertible through the streets, some people berate me for my terrible driving but if they had lunatic Lucy as a boss they would probably do the same, we gave her that name because she goes crazy over the tiniest things like being late, hence my speeding. Parking quickly I grab my bag and the papers on my passenger seat. I make sure my car is locked, I wouldn't want anything to happen to Roy, she's ny pride and joy, the first thing I bought with my first paycheck.I ride in the elevator silently, hoping that Lunatic Lucy will somehow just disappear. When the elevator doors open I can see her glaring daggers across the open plan office that is filled with cubicles.

Lunatic Lucy awaits me outside my office with a scowl plastered on her face. Out of the corner of my eye I catch people looking at me with pity, I wonder what the big fuss is about, I'm only 45minutes late! I shrug it off and continue  hastily making my way towards her, I notice she's wearing her normal plaid suit that resembles a table cloth. With her distasteful facial expression, short stature and crazy dressing she sure does look pretty looney.

I give her a small wave and a cheery smile but she just seems to be more upset by my actions. I halt just in front of her and breath out a quick "good morning Lucy" before scurrying into my office, she steps in after me and closes the door behind her. If looks could kill I would be six feet under, I could feel her glaring daggers at my back "I'm so sorry, I had serious car trouble I would have called but I left my phone at" I didn't even get to finish my sentence before she interrupts me saying "Save it Tamica You'v had 2 written warnings so far, here is your third accompanied by your pink slip of dismissal" I am frozen in shock, what the fuck is going on here! Lucy practically skips to the door.

she almost looks happy, if I didn't know any better I would think she just won the lottery!

She then looks over shoulder and says " You should really close your mouth Tam, we wouldn't want you catching flies now would we?" she deliberately uses both my nickname and fullname to mock me. A smirk has replaced her usually scowling face, the horrible expression snaps me out of my daze.

I run and slam close the door that she had begun opening standing it front of it with my arms crossed."You can't fire me!" Im getting really frustrated

"I was 45 minutes late Lucy ! You can't fire me for being late once! I'm NEVER late EVER!" Lucy looks at me like I had just gone mad "You think this is about your punctuality issues?" she asks with her head tilted  "of course, what else could it be?" I inquire taking deep breaths to try calm down "what else could it be?" she repeats in a mocking tone and starts laughing like a maniac I look at her quizzically lunatic Lucy is really going crazy! Her face has turned a beet red colour, I can tell she's extremely angry

"Stop looking at me like I belong in an institution Tamica! You know what you did last night! I didn't dream it up because I saw the proof this morning on Facebook, Twitter AND Instagram!" The last words are spat at me filled with bitter dislike. In my defense I don't even remember what happened last night! But before I could even tell her that she shoves me out the way and storms through the door. I drop to the floor and ly down face up on the cream carpet as I close my eyes.Memories that Id pushed to the back of my mind this morning resurface.

§§§§§§§

Hey guys

constructive criticism is welcome, I love improving my work to make it better for you <3 but "That chapter sucked!" doesn't count as constructive criticism

Thanks to anyone who actually took the time to read it, you're amazeballs B-)