10.

A/N : WOW WOW WOW everyone. How's it going? It's been a minute. I'm back from my hiatus as you can see. I have finished my college class and my work schedule slowed down so I'll be back to my weekly updates as I was before! Ugh I missed this, I missed you guys. I hope you all are enjoying this book and I hope you enjoy this next chapter! I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu 🖤

***

I don't remember falling asleep on the flight back across the ocean, but I did. Once my eyes closed, the dreams started. As we all know, I have the strangest dreams. In a way, they seem to tell the future. Now that Thanos is coming and the world is at risk, all my dreams are coming to make sense.

         Everything involving the stones is beginning to fall into place. I was standing in front of a large, dark window that overlooked a black emptiness. My mind was clear and calm. There were no thoughts, no concerns, and no aches. I looked out the window in hopes to maybe spot something.

"Do you think they'll remember me?" A familiar voice asked to my left in the darkness. His figure appeared. I realized that he was clutching my hand. He sounded scared.

I looked up to him, also noticing how much taller he was than me. It was my Dad. I turned back to the window, seeing how small I actually was. I was nine years old again.

He was wearing tattered clothes, dirt and blood clung to his skin. His hand squeezed mine tightly, as if he were to let go, he'd be gone forever "Do you think they'll remember me?" He asked once again, turning his head to look at me with dull eyes.

"I don't understand" I admitted, looking up to him. My voice sounded young and fragile like it did many years ago "Who's they?" I tilted my head to the side, staring at the main who raised me for ten years. He was so familiar to me, but it feels like he has been gone for a thousand decades.

"Them" He said coldly, nodding his head towards the window.

I suddenly felt cold sweat form on my forehead, as air left my lungs completely. The atmosphere around me changed. Stars and distant galaxies formed around me as I came to the realization that I was standing in space. A space ship encompassed me, and the window separated me from the vacuum of the universe.

Dad was looking out the window, a shadow covered his face. I dreadfully turned to look out as well, my blue eyes landing on our planet, only it wasn't earth in its entirety. The planet was cut in half, right down the middle. I could see the many layers and core of our planet as it rested in space. The second half of the planet was gone. Dust sprouted out and drifted lazily into space.

It looks like someone took a sword and cut my world into two, only half remained in the vast expanse of a destroyed universe. My body felt cold as I tried to make sense of what exactly was happening "Do you think they'll remember me?" He asked again

           This was the end of the world. My Dad looked tired, bags had settled under his brown eyes. His hand was shaking as I held it. It reminded me of the time long ago when Obadiah Stane removed his ARC reactor. I removed my hand from his and stepped closer to the window, placing my hand on the glass  "I'm sorry, Dad..." I whispered, missing him more than anything in the world "I know you did the best you could"

          I wanted him back. I want him to call me nicknames, and help me with my armor in the lab. I want him to give me one of his famous cheesy Dad talks when times get tough. He has been my whole world for ten years. My heart felt empty, the same way it did when my mother passed away.

          One second later, my body teleported to the other side of the dark glass window. I was now floating in space. Dad remained on the other side of the glass, his eyes cloudy. There were tears in my eyes, they floated off my cheeks and into the space around me "Don't forget about me Jessi" he begged softly, pressing his hand to the glass.