46.

"All right, the glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?" Rocket asked the group that stood around him as he made the last few adjustments on the gauntlet that rested on the lab table. The Raccoon didn't sound too optimistic as he spoke, with his typically sarcastic attitude nowhere to be found here. Jessi rubbed her lips together as she looked to each of her friends and family, her heart pounding in anticipation. All that's left to do is decide who snaps, and finish the mission, the five year long mission.

      "I'll do it" Thor immediately stepped forward and offered himself, already rolling up his sleeve as he went for the gauntlet.

      "No, no, no, no. Stop. Stop" Tony halted him, with Steve as well at his side. Jessi stood anxiously next to Rocket, her eyebrows furrowed.

      "Hey, hey... Thor, just wait-" Steve placed his hand on the Demi-gods shoulder, holding him back from making the decision "We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet" he reminded him, getting a subtle nod of reassurance from Tony.

      "I-I'm sorry" Thor scoffed in an insulting tone "What, were you just sitting around here waiting for the right opportunity?"

"We should at least discuss it" Scott suggested.

"Look, us sitting here staring at that thing-" Thor motioned to the glove on the table "-is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay?" Jessi eyed him up and now, but kept her lips sealed from responding. Everyone was a bit on edge, so his reaction right now it not out of the ordinary "So this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty"

"It's not that we-" Tony attempted to stop him again, but Thor was growing desperate.

"Just let me" Thor pleaded softly, taking Tony's hand shakily, with his eyes growing watery as he spoke. Jessi looked over to Rocket, giving a sad sigh "Just let me do it... Just let me do something good. Something right" his voice rose up an octave.

"Look... It's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent, I'm telling you you're in no condition" Tony pointed to his chest. The Iron Man understood how badly Thor wanted this, how badly he needed to do this considering what had happened five years in Wakanda. But it's true, Thor was no longer in the physical condition to make this snap.

"What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" Thor questioned Tony, determination returning in his tone as his blue eyes grew hard.

"Cheez Whiz?" Rhodey offered.

"Lightning" he corrected.

"Lightning won't help you, pal" Doctor Banner stepped into the conversation, as he realized that he was the only one who'd be able to bring everyone back. He was the only member of the team in peak physical condition, and the Hulk formation that he was in would help to make the snap easier to preform "It's gotta be me. You saw what those stones did to Thanos. It almost killed him" he walked to the gauntlet and paused before it "None of you could survive"

"Well what about you?" Jessi raised her hand up "How will we know if you'll survive?"

      "I don't know" Bruce admitted, sighing quietly "But the radiation's mostly gamma. It's like..." he chuckled to himself "I was meant for this". Jessi gave a nervous look to her father, placing her fingers to her bottom lip and resting her elbow in her other palm. Tony knew that this was the best option. After a few more minutes of contemplation amongst the group, Bruce went ahead and picked up the glove. Jessi moved to stand beside Rocket at the middle table.

"I'm afraid" she whispered to the Raccoon as the Hulk conversed with Tony for a moment.

"Of what?" he replied.